Fat Folk

Symptoms

Predators and accidents probably played a big part too and the water probably wasn't that clean. It is an old saying that every pound you spend on public health saves a hundred pounds on health care. But my previous post was a joke from a fat man (me)!

The World 'aint big enough for folks to live long lives;  we need sizable numbers to regularly croke to help keep the numbers in check.  In the so-called developing world they have all sorts of 'natural' plagues to do the thinning-out, all the developed world has to offer is 'self-induced' death ... snouts, various STDs, sugar, pies and cakes, etc.  To paraphrase Marie Antoinette, 'let them all get the flu'.

• 4 weeks later...

Nope, there ain't any Greggs where I now live.  Anyway, a lifetime of avoiding brain cell killing telly programmes (dross like Eastenders, Coronation St, Neighbours) and only sucking on 'brainfood' telly and a daily dose of my beloved Guardian has kept it sparking well up top. 

Abram Lyle has had the answer for  a hundred years or more.....just read the small print on his tin,and tell me what you find!

Everything on this planet is a killer.......even Oxygen!..............[in the wrong proportions].......

"A little bit of what you fancy does you good"!

........in other words,a variety of foods in moderation,is the key to a healthy lifestyle....

...it's the same with opinions.....every one on here has a bit of a valid point in their argument..not totally correct in their thinking,but looking at the whole picture,we all agree in some small proportion......just like tetties and torpins[!]........and greazy yorksha puddin's...!

Sym,it intrigues me hoo yi picked up aal the sooth foreigners twang,for being a Bedltntonian[!!!!! meant affectionately mind!!nae disrespect!]

Off-topic,but just that wor Daz has been doon theor for 25 yeors,and a knaa he taaks aal queer ti them lot doon theor,like clients etc,but the minute he's on Northumbrian soil,[or on the phone],he taaks like he shows he's browtin's -up!!!![he hesn't forgettin' the ootside nettie, and ice layers in the bath,arly in thi mornin,cos o' nae heatin.....just an observation,Sym,ya still a crackerjack!!!

HPW ... after living amongst the weak-kneed, yellow-bellied softie Cockney hordes for the best part of 40 years some of their vile turns of phrase have been melded into Sym's larynx ... bastards!   Mind you, when talking to MrsSym* I sometimes wind her up by slipping in the odd pitmatic word or phrase ... much to her chagrin;  this ALWAYS results in her calling me something like "a rough Geordie git" - but uttered with affection.

*MrsSym is not from the North East

• 2 weeks later...

Symptoms just purchased a airfryer its really good does a basket of chips just using you've guessed it ! A teaspoon of oil & the chips come out great it also does good chicken & fish highly recommend it..

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now