mercuryg

On the news last week there was tons of the stuff blanketing the Yankees ... 6' deep all over - not just the drifts.  That's what I want to see.  It would mean great fun playing with the woof - having a laugh watching its attempts to retrieve thrown snowballs (being white it can't find them in the white snow).  What a hoot.

The Red Lion could provide blankets and fill hot water bottles.

When the snow comes and Symptoms is throwing snowballs, will his dog be allowed in to dry out and get warm.

A pub/hotel bar up in Bamburgh last week was allowing in owners with their dogs.

Why not stop drinking a cold beer then and start drinking a hot coffee merc? :closedeyes:

From 8.30 am until mid-day, that's office hours for me, I do precisely that. (69p and you can have as much as you like....)

That's my definition of civilisation ... dogs being allowed into boozers.

Decent dog owners will always put the mutt's needs first;  mine get their nosebag before me, always a towel down when dripping and especially after a hose-down to get the mud off, pride of place on the rug in front of the fire.  I remember years ago going out wildfowling with a previous dog on the washes in East Anglia,  arriving in the pitch black (about 4am) before the first flight of the quackers the woof lept out the Landrover and ran into the darkness.  A loud splash was heard as the woof had run straight into the river - it couldn't see the water as it was so dark.  Back it came shivering (this was in the Winter), a quick towel down and the damp dog was ready for a days blast and retrieve in the flooded washes and river.  She was a tough dog ... it enjoyed its bowl of beer at lunchtime in the local pub that day.  Oh, and I had a fresh wild goose to take home for Xmas dinner. 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now