Tis Gonna Be A Bleak Xmas Up The Street

Dave

I visit home whenever i can and try to get back every christmas/new year .And i cannot believe the lions closed, and the Sun's turned into a knocking shop. i went up the street a couple of weeks ago on a saturday night and the place was dead . i thought it might be because the biggest bars closed (the lion). Does anyone know if theres any plans for it . :blink:

I visit home whenever i can and try to get back every christmas/new year .And i cannot believe the lions closed, and the Sun's turned into a knocking shop. i went up the street a couple of weeks ago on a saturday night and the place was dead . i thought it might be because the biggest bars closed (the lion). Does anyone know if theres any plans for it . :blink:

I have heard there is major damage in the cellar due to water pipe burst not sure how true this but i believe it is up for sale dont quote me cos i could be totally wrong :huh:

I have heard there is major damage in the cellar due to water pipe burst not sure how true this but i believe it is up for sale dont quote me cos i could be totally wrong :huh:

oopps, i quoted you!

word is that brian from the wharton is gonna buy it and build a glass bridge across the road like the services at washington, but hey, that could be ball locks too!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Despite the negative sentiments being expressed all over the place, there is sterling work being done by the good people at The North, The Black Bull and The Monkey, all of which are open until quite late, but never later than allowed by the Licensing laws though, of a weekend.

You could also visit the "poor but happy" denizens of Bedlington Station for a pint and a fight.

Despite the negative sentiments being expressed all over the place, there is sterling work being done by the good people at The North, The Black Bull and The Monkey, all of which are open until one o'clock of a weekend.

You could also visit the "poor but happy" denizens of Bedlington Station for a pint and a fight.

hear! hear!

Despite the negative sentiments being expressed all over the place, there is sterling work being done by the good people at The North, The Black Bull and The Monkey, all of which are open until one o'clock of a weekend.

Yep, a warm welcome awaits in The Percy and The Clayton.

Guest missvic

yes, the christmas season has started, the street was buzzin', many posh folk in the north (most of which are only observed at xmas), sun shut, all other pubs with less than 10 punters...