Public Meeting, Bedlington Community Centre. 19 November

willy j.

What for Kieth don't tell me u got a rotten bag of tomatoes in the pantry,by the Kieth as you used to drink in the terrier at least you where

There when I went there can you please confirm to willy the expert miner that Danny used to drink in there at least 6 nights a week

I think he used to go in for the last our could you please confirm from your export merchant seaman cheers lol

Just eat the tomatoes why waste them,Malcolm I just got the IPad for the house can't get word on it but I get last chance of a virus sorry

If my grammar isn't up to the standards as long as my point of you comes across I'll try to me be careful before I post

Even better than the feelings in SS GGG, The feelings against Mr Ed in his own constituency of Doncaster are even higher. When we went down to the Conference we never met anyone from there who had a good word for him, and I'm not referring to Kippers. Then a week or so later a tv program set in Donny had the broadcasting team interviewing anyone they could catch. From taxi drivers to office staff, and their reaction was one of, "Ed Who!!!, you must be kidding we've never seen him since he was elected". They were not happy bunnies.

Very like our own MP here, who has just lately been seen in Bedlington a couple of times. What people are asking here is, where the hell has he been since 2010. Oh, I just noticed, there must be an election coming.

I really hope that Labour keep Mr Ed where he is, he is UKIP's biggest asset.

.. I just got the IPad for the house can't get word on it but I get last chance of a virus...

Nope, just more establishment propaganda Tony! :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/apple-virus/

Because Apple is so secretive they are wide open - they simply don't cooperate with the people who are expert at these things.  So, when the crunch comes users are up the creek without a paddle. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-and-reddit-shut-down-the-iworm-virus-2014-10

Next time join the (other) people's army and buy yourself a democratic Droid. ;)  Or, if you do have type Apple megabucks to spend then buy a Sammy S Series, and get a vastly better bit of hardware for the same megabucks.  Install a free copy of Avast and you are home.  i.e. far lower cost of ownership too.

Tony, my point was nothing to do with Danny drinking in the Terrier, my point was that He wasn't the Manager of Bates Pit.

However, go on i'll put you out of your misery cos you obviously never really knew what he did. He was the 'Training Officer' at Bates. The training school was at Bothal, and the underground gallery was at Ashington Pit. There you have it in a nutshell. It's  just a matter of someone who has been there, seen it and done it. Nothing to do with being a mining expert,

I did it in the merchant navy was in Iran when they had british hostages,made big news then Jon snow got us out if you want to tell

Me about merchant navy I can tell you .we were stuck up the Shiite al Ariab near Abadan sorry about the spelling when Iran & Iraq

We're fighting we were trapped there Jon snow helped get us out if you think that wasn't dangerous don't know what is nothing to do with merchant navy expert..........

Willy by the way I used to drink in ashington rather than bedlington I do know Ian livery used to drink with him & the ashington

Lads... How many times did he get arrested during the miners strike more than you think,he's not a bad man,it's what he can do for you

& what your prepared to do

Tony, I have no qualms about the merchant navy, I know nothing about it. That is your bag. And I never said the pit was more dangerous. What I said was that there would be men in Bedlington who would take issue with you on the merits of what you were implying.

To quantify my point of view in these things, it's all about judgement, and your perception of someone else's life experiences. I had all this crap before of someone telling me I was wrong in certain stages of my life.

Let me explain, after I came out of the Army in 1974 I would get the PC/ Tree huggers (once they found out I had served in Northern Ireland) coming up and telling me that we were wrong, and out of order in doing the things we did over there. IE; Bloody Sunday, Operation Motorman to name only two. And I always asked them if they had ever been to NI. Of course they would say no, then I would tell them, 'You Are Not Qualified To Judge Me'. Unless you have been there, seen it and done it.

Do you understand where I am coming from? I am not qualified to judge the Merchant Marine, Just as you are not qualified to judge the mining industry.

Willy I do know were you coming from all I said was I wanted to go down the pits my mum wouldn't let me as I said in the past I come

From a family of miners my grandad died down the pit all my grandma got was a pittance of a pension & a few bags of coal on

a lighter note as we are in the EU I thought I'd let you know Poland are after experienced miners if your interested £150 a week

& a Polish Dictionary thrown in ! Remember Willy freedom of movement & the vodka is really cheap LOL

Too old for that now, happily retired. Have been to Poland a few times, some lovely people but a dangerous place to be.

Anyway, lets put all that to bed. This post was supposed to get peoples opinion on the upcoming 'Public Meeting'. All views are important to us, good or bad it matters. All I would ask people who can attend, be open minded, no one is forcing you to believe us, just listen to what we offer and make your own mind up. the rest is up to you.

What we are offering is an alternative to Labour. Something we have never had in this part of the county before. You'll notice I haven't mentioned any other parties, because the belief was always (in my lifetime anyway) there is only Labour for working class people. Well, now they have a choice, whether it turns out to be a good choice, only time will tell.

For me personally, it is the only choice because I have faithfully voted for Labour for 47 years, and every time I voted I thought, 'it will be different this time, they'll get it right this time'. But they never have. It's the old cliché; 'If you keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result, you are a fool'.

These are my personal views, I am not trying to preach, only explain my feeling and beliefs. Everyone is different and I respect that.

On that note you can buy a £1 bar of chocolate from Sainsburys that's if there's a one near you... I'm sure we will further exchanges in the future & nosy forgetting 3G who new my mum hope he can enlighten me on that 1

Adding my two pence into the conversation, I will be attending that evening to hear what they have to say.  I think if some prominent politicians were in the area, UKIP or otherwise, I think it'll be wise to hear first hand what they have to offer rather than third parties, as you'll gain first hand knowledge of it.  And being from UKIP, they're worth to be heard, as they're probably the only real competition to Labour in this area for ages, not even the Tories can confidently boast such a thing, as they'll never be welcomed, especially with all that went on in the 80s and in recent memory.

Labour has done nothing for Bedlington for years, time to see some action shaken into/out of people. Given the alternative of the Tories, perhaps UKIP will be the best of a bad bunch. It will be interesting to see what they have to say compared to the rest.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now