Public Meeting, Bedlington Community Centre. 19 November

willy j.

UKIP are holding a 'Public Meeting' at the Bedlington Community Centre on Wednesday 19th November at 7.30pm.

One of the speakers should be of special interest to many people previously steeped in Labour doctrine and the mining industry in particular. Blair Smillie, is UKIP's spokesman on the coal industry, and has a very interesting background. His great Grandfather was a founder member of the Labour Party, also a founder member of the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM).

This is a Public Meeting open to anyone interested in clarity of UKIP policies. A chance for people to make their own minds up about what the party is all about, and the direction it wants to take this country in.

Should be very interesting, especially when it comes to Q&A at the end. But what the hell, that is what democracy is all about. Free speech is a right to be protected, a strong UKIP belief.

post-3022-0-49929800-1415733662_thumb.jp

A lot more than would have turned up last year, but not as many who'll turn up next I'd imagine. Look at the last bye election result in South Shields for a pointer. There are no longer any safe Labour seats!

More and more working people see through the LibLabCon stitch-up and don't like where the County has being going for decades. Balls proposed what amounts to NHS cuts at the Labour Party Conference, and the rows of dummies (those who weren't asleep) actually applauded him!

Can Ukip revive the Coal Industry? I don't know; but one thing's a known - Labour never even tried!

This is just the start Tony, there will be many more public meetings, action days, UKIP stalls, leafleting all over Wansbeck right up to the GE, A massive presence to keep people informed of what we stand for.

And something the Labour Party has never done, if we win Wansbeck, a continuous presence in the constituency where people can visit our shop/walk in centre any time they wish, no need to make an appointment, in formation will always be available. True to Labours historical form in this area, once they are comfortably settled in their parliamentary seat, they become invisible here.

Make no mistake, Labours 7,031 majority is far from 'safe' anymore.

• Like 1

Nearly forgot to mention the mining inference Tony. You see people like yourselves who have never been involved in mining, when they think of pits they think of mine shafts. You will never see another mineshaft in this country.

All those trillions of tons of coal that are still out there under the North Sea, if they are to be got, will only ever be got by 'Drift Mining'

But for those of you who are not aware of this form of mining, it is better, safer and more profitable. Because we are still talking about 'Deep Mining.

Leave it to the experts.

INTRESTING to see how many people turn up to that one

Agree with you on that one Tony,

but they don't have much to beat, there are SEVEN regulars who turn up for the Town Council Meetings, the  people of Bedlington either aren't interested or have seen through the Labour Majority that rule the Council, my bet is its the latter. It's quite comical watching them "wink, nod and kick"  each other every time a vote is being taken. I'll do a head count  on the night and let you know Thursday AM  how many turn up.  As you would say,   lol...   

True to Labours historical form in this area, once they are comfortably settled in their parliamentary seat, they become invisible here.

Above is a fine description of the current MP.for Bedlington

and then after three and a half years  "Oh" hang on whats happening with Tescos? I'd better get over there see if I can pick up a few votes, I've done nowt else!   Too little too late I'm afraid.

Foxy, you can read me like a book!

OOPS...... nearly forgot. lol.

Foxy the way it sounds you'll not need to take the abacus out & you'll not need to use your thumbs,Willy don't get this great grandfather

Nonsense..I was a 16 year old in the Bedlington Terrier having a pint I saw Danny Paxton who was manager at bates pit I asked

Him if I could have job he gave me the forms & told me to get mum to sign it then he would give me a job,I asked my mum to sign it

She refused stating she lost her dad to the pit & she said she wasn't losing a son to the pit therefore I couldn't do it instead I went to

The merchant navy which was just as dangerous if not more & we had to strike aswell remember Jim Slater & what it was about very similar

To what your fighting for now the difference then it wasn't Europeans getting our jobs...But in life you have to move onto other things &

Have belief in yourself lol

Tony, Danny Paxton wasn't the manager at Bates Pit, never was. I knew Danny very well, you tell me who he really was and we might get somewhere. But don't name names and make statements you cant quantify.

By the way Tony, Danny Paxton recruited me and many of my mates and none of us had to get permission from our mummies. You just signed up and off you went to the mining school. Of course you'll know where the mining school was, and the underground training gallery. If not, you were nowhere near to becoming a miner than I was to becoming a brain surgeon.

Also, what the hell qualifies you to say that the merchant navy was more dangerous than working down a mine. I think there are many men in this area would take issue with you on that one.

Rejoice ukippers ... Nigel has said today he'd support, in a coaltion,  a lame-duck Milleeeeband minority Government. 

Vote ukip, get Labour.  Has a certain ring about it!

The price would be a fast and fair referendum on our membership of the EU, and it won't be a coalition as we've seen it recently - just HoC votes to keep Ed in power until he hangs himself, and spare us another rapid GE with another inconclusive result.

What's amazing is that Labour has been telling Labour voters in Rochester & Strood to make absolutely sure they vote Tory!  This is a seat that was #9 on Labour's entire list of winnable marginals in 2010!  That the LibLabCon establishment is now in utter panic and fears for it's very existence couldn't be more evident.

Willy I was told that he was he was the manager I knew him well I may be wrong& the app form he told me my mum had to sign it that's it as I was 16

She refused,will you look at statistics on merchant seamen who have died compared to miners ??

I will give you a starting point from the titanic to the present day...3G on the Rochester by election you have to remember this is the bankers heartland a million miles away from Bedlington if you had been there you would see that for yourself maybe you & Willy

Can go down there & give some leaflets out???

If your organising some stalls for your night with somebody's great grand son at bedders maybe you can get some stocks & you &

Willy can get it them & let the people of Bedlington throw rotten tomatoes & water sponges at you.....You might get a good turn out then

LOL

..3G on the Rochester by election you have to remember this is the bankers heartland a million miles away from Bedlington if you had been there you would see that for yourself maybe you & Willy

Not so!  I used to stay overnight at Rochester and Strood regularly, and parked up and walked the place several times. It's an intensely working class area - particularly on the East side of the Medway.  Labour thought they could grab it back at the 2010 GE.

You probably didn't see Newsnight last night interviewing people at South Shields; not one person they could find had a good word to say for David Miliband. They managed to find one Labour tribalist supporting new-old-new-Labour though he sounded like a glib politico.  D. Miliband was described by someone who'd talked to him as slimy.  I certainly couldn't disagree with that. Even the liberal-lefties at BBC couldn't disguise the fact that the establishment was in big trouble in the North as well as in the South.

Miliband was bussed in to SS as it WAS considered a rock solid Labour seat.  Why didn't he stick around as an MP to support his brother?  I think he saw this one coming, and his strategy now is to wait and pick up the pieces - he more than anyone knows how hopeless Ed is.  53% of Labour voters say Ed isn't fit to be PM, and most of the rest won't say.

I live 12 miles from there 3G & there is a big difference between Rochester & Bedlington i can assure you of that I know it's not the

Weald but there is a big difference & that is a fact...willy! Danny drank in the terrier most nights along with his mates Eddie mount,

Aussie Arkle,peter Dickinson my dad etc I know he got a medal from the queen he had a son called Neil who I think he joined the communist party went to school with him

I think he lived in terrier close not sure he wore gold rimmed glasses silver hair combed back as far as I

Can remember I'm going back along time ago coal fires & all that......

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now