Talk of the Town

Maggie/915

Topics of General Interest:-

I have taken the title literally.

Basically anything that would interest someone in Bedlington.

Something to chat/ talk about in the town.

(Pub, Church or outside Tesco's )

Something you would not want showing up on a search engine maybe.

Does anybody remember my uncle Joe Curley he worked for B.U.D.C then for Wansbeck till he retired he always drank in the market

Club on Saturday lunch time. He married Jean Dowie who came from netherton,the,the guys he used to drink with we're Tommy Hale who

Was his best man he also drank with Bob Tweedy & he was also friends with Cecil Harris who worked with him at Bedlington council

Who later went on to work at Bedlington high school as a maths teacher & was deputy head of house cheviot I know about my uncles family but would be interested to know what happened to the other lads families cheers..

Maggie doesn't want this to be political debate on this forum I don't either but my mum did join the communist party I think she had the same passion as you whether I agreed with her or not I did love her & I do miss her that's for you 3g

I think it might have been that old guy, Aristotle, who said that "everything is political."

I wouldn't want some grubby corner here earmarked specifically for politics or for introducing political spin on other folk's topics.  It keeps it lively, it aggravates some, offends others. 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now