Striking Firemen

tomtom

Only fighting for there rights,wouldn't like to be a 60 year old carrying me from a burning building the size I am a 40 year old man would

Struggle.the Tories are the ones changing the goalposts it's like the private pensions when you reach fifty five they are telling you

You can take a large sum from your pension pot but you will be taxed on it..

My pension was going to be a large sum TAX FREE & a smaller pension which was taxable of coarse..but now there telling me I

Can't have the lump sum tax free as the rules have changed...It was the Tories who changed it to get tax in there treasury

Robbing ********....

Tonyp, 

Just remind me who raided pensions to fund what he said were going to be new hospitals and schools but then spent it on inflated salary increases which then became yearly costs.

Then had to do PFI and what a crock that is for tax payers!  

Hint......Same giant intellect that told everyone he was going to sell the national gold stock so the price crashed just as it hit the market.   

I bet there are GPs earning £1M+ now, back then the average was around £80K.  

None of them could run a raffle!  

Can't have the lump sum tax free as the rules have changed...It was the Tories who changed it to get tax in there treasury

Robbing ********....

I am not absolutely certain on this one, but the way I read it was you didn't have to take the 25% lump sum all in one go, but could take smaller amounts at a time and the first 25% if each of these amounts would be tax free.  Would this not amount to the same thing in the long run?

Only fighting for there rights,wouldn't like to be a 60 year old carrying me from a burning building the size I am a 40 year old man would

Struggle.the Tories are the ones changing the goalposts it's like the private pensions when you reach fifty five they are telling you

You can take a large sum from your pension pot but you will be taxed on it..

My pension was going to be a large sum TAX FREE & a smaller pension which was taxable of coarse..but now there telling me I

Robbing ********....

Now, if I were a screaming lefty Tony I'd be accusing you of making ageist (and possibly sexist) remarks there! :D

I stand to be corrected, but from what I've seen so far of the new pensions rules they simply increase people's choice.  The nanny state is retreating from its one-size-fits-all dictats.  Sure, a few people will blow the lump sums and foolishly pay more tax than they need to. But, as long as they are warned of the consequences, it's their choice, and they shouldn't expect the state to bail them out. Only socalists wouldn't respect the god-given intelligence of others to be able to make the right choice for themselves.

And remember, what produced your pension in the first place was that evil thing "profit".  In a free market profit is the difference between the production cost of a voluntary producer, and the perceived value to a willing buyer, in a free market where other producers can employ their skills to produce a possibly better deal.  Nobody rips anyone off, as the price and quality of goods and services are decided by nothing other than the supply.  It can sometimes get a bit messy, but if left well alone it's the finest mechanism nature has to ensure the best possible deal for everyone.  It's total hypocrisy for a trade unionist to use the "profit" word as an expletive; everything they have and everything they do is driven by the prospect of an honest profit.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now