Nastiest Beers Drunk In Bedlington Over The Years

Tonyp

Kieth & willyj commented about the beer at the domino the most horrible beer I've tasted we're toon Amber ale toon exhibition ,strong arm at the sun & Mackems lorimers scotch at the Howard ... What's your horiblest beer you've had

I would go for Tartan as the worst beer - but a bottle of Export for the best beer. Remember them from the Terrier, Tony, when Vic & Vi had it. :dribble:

Tartan gets my vote. Never suffered from headaches, then and now and in between, apart from the time I drank Tartan - probably the Black Bull or The Dun Cow.

Couldn't get past the first moth full with Guinness and now I drink it regularly. Started in 1988 when we used to fly home from London on a Friday Night at the end of the working week. Heathrow lounge where the choice was down south 'flat warm bitter' (probably Double Diamond) or Guinness - soon got a taste for it. 

I would go for Tartan as the worst beer - but a bottle of Export for the best beer. Remember them from the Terrier, Tony, when Vic & Vi had it. :dribble:

i go with Keith on tartan but over here Toohey's new gives me a whoppin head ache in the morning

Remember when I first walked into the market club April 22nd 1978 had my first pint of fed ordinary bloody awful could have took

It home & washed the dishes as they say in London flatter than a dockers sandwich the fed best wasn't much better! Expensive

Washing up liquid.the older generation of the time thought they were marvellous... Guess your body can adjust to any old **** if you

Like a drink.....

John Smiths anywhere, it's like water! For anyone who savours decent ale pop to the Lion and try the American Pumpkin Ale that is on at the moment. It's a wonderful 6.5% and rather lovely. At least, I think it was, I can't really remember.

• Like 1

There are no bad beers, just an unaquired taste

Keith if I have a drink that has an unaquired taste I would call it s***.....

My vote goes with Kieth on this one. Remember having just attained that legal drinking age, 1966, and four lads of us off on our first holiday, in a caravan, in the 'sun drenched' resort of Gt Yarmouth. Can't remember what brew was being served in all the bars but it was not to our taste, as well as flat and warm! Even at that early age we knew, pointless whinging about it just keeping ordering and drinking until you finally slurred - 'snot a bad, hic, pint, hic, really'. We acquired many a bad taste over the years. Not Bedlington, but yesterday, a pub I have driven passed for years but never been in -  Longframlington, The Village Inn - Wychwood Hobgoblin, excellent.

Parsnip and Bramley Apple soup with Felton's Running Fox artisan bread also excellent - beef sandwich, the chef likes his peppers for seasoning, too much for me but at least they could be scraped off. 

Eggy surely they must have had bottle beers mind you saying that remember when I was at merchant navy school at gravesend

& the 1st officer took us to Canterbury for the day we drank this dark mild stuff it was vile but it was cheap as chips & got us

S***faced but I wouldn't drink it now for me it has to be a good hearty ale otherwise straight dark rum with lots of ice....

That Canterbury tipple could well have been a Shepherd Neame* brew ...maybe Master Brew.  Back when you were a MN cabin boy most booze available nationwide was keg muck so palettes weren't used to cask ales (real ale), maybe that's why you squirmed.  The UKIP Daddy likes a drop of their stuff. 

*They had/have lots and lots of Kent boozers being the local brewery.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now