Ellen Arkle - Monaghan

Peter

Hi,

I'm an alien here, because I don't live in Bedlington. Neither did my uncle in 1944. But he did marry a Bedlingtonian girl: Ellen Monaghan.

Like me he was a Dutchman. He escaped from Holland during the war and joined the 220 Dutch squadron of the RAF. There he met a WAAF girl.

Unfortunately his airplane was hit nine days after their wedding, and he died.

Ellen married again several years later, with mr. Arkle.

Now I'm working on a book about his life. I liked to come in touch with people who knew Ellen Arkle-Monaghan. Maybe her children, neigbours or other relatives?

I would also be pleased with photo's of Ellen.

So, if you have known her or can help me in an other way, please let me know.

"A few days later " has to be "several years later", as you will understand.

Can someone tell me how you can or remove your own posts? Or isn't that possible?

I updated it. You can only edit your own posts up to 15 minutes after posting to avoid abuse with people editing their first post after somebody has replied. There is a full revision history feature coming soon to allow editing of posts at any time.

Does this not contradict the previous sentence? 

No, the revision history is coming soon

With a revision history people can edit their posts as much as they like but each edit is stored for reference.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Fizz,did Geordie Arkle live around Hollymount square in, Bedlington,in the 1960's?

I worked with him at the Bedlington A pit,as well as his Brothers John and ? .[not the Arkle Brothers from Choppingon High pit,mind,who I also worked with,one of whom was also John....].

Was Ellen any relation to Owen Monaghan,who was a good singer,[i think he did "go as you pleases " in the clubs,but could be getting mixed up with another person with a similar name!],in the late 1950's/early 60's?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now