Abandoned Garage - Info Needed

pennylane909

Hullo,

Wondering if anyone can help. There is an abandoned stand alone garage in Lambton Court (Bower Grange). My partner has just got a motorbike and we are looking to rent the garage out (as we don't have a shed big enough and it's currently sitting in my kitchen!)

We've asked around the entire street and cul de sac and no one knows who it belongs to, only that it hasn't been used for a very long time. One person thought it had been abandoned by someone who left the estate more than six years ago

We've contacted the council and land registry and they have no clue who it belongs to

Is there anyone else we can ask about this?

:)

Hullo,

Wondering if anyone can help. There is an abandoned stand alone garage in Lambton Court (Bower Grange). My partner has just got a motorbike and we are looking to rent the garage out (as we don't have a shed big enough and it's currently sitting in my kitchen!)

We've asked around the entire street and cul de sac and no one knows who it belongs to, only that it hasn't been used for a very long time. One person thought it had been abandoned by someone who left the estate more than six years ago

We've contacted the council and land registry and they have no clue who it belongs to

Is there anyone else we can ask about this?

:)

Try asking Bernicia, It maybe one of their ones.

Gemma, It's outside my house but that's probably a bit distant for you, I'm in Choppington, near the Swan. It's full of crap but can clear some space for him if it's of any use.

• 8 years later...

Bit of a late reply, garage belongs to number 2 lambton court. I built it in 2001 when I lived there it, the strip of land it was built on was originally meant to have a garage block built when the houses were new but the builders didnt. So each house owns a garage size plot of that strip. We sold it with the house a year later. The house was sold again in 2008 so theres a possibilty the owners dont even know they own it.

On 25/08/2023 at 15:18, 6233jane said:

Bit of a late reply, garage belongs to number 2 lambton court. I built it in 2001 when I lived there it, the strip of land it was built on was originally meant to have a garage block built when the houses were new but the builders didnt. So each house owns a garage size plot of that strip. We sold it with the house a year later. The house was sold again in 2008 so theres a possibilty the owners dont even know they own it.

On 25/08/2023 at 15:20, 6233jane said:

It is recorded on land registry though and planning permission was granted by what was wansbeck council at the time. 

@6233jane - 1t's 9 years since @pennylane909 last visited this group so you might not get any reply for her:( - but you never know👍.

Is this the garage (Google Maps Street View July 2023)?

Lampton Court Bower Grange.jpg

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

8 years later...   ..and this cool-laid-back is even built in to the software!

I did come across a reply to a "how to" technical question on a forum last night posted five years after the question was asked; but it's nice to know that Bedlington.uk is right up there with the best!  :D 

• Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now