New High School

The head teacher was quoted in the newspaper article as claiming "The school has extensive grounds and playing fields which are set up for football, rugby, athletics and rounders".

Last time I checked the rugby posts had been taken down & the athletics track wasn't fit for use due to subsidence and lack of maintenance.

The school certainly needs new sports facilities.

Whatever happened to the money raised in about 1974 by the school pupils doing a sponsored swim to help build a swimming pool?

Is the old one Westridge? or is there another (newer) High School? if it is, how old and where is it?

(I'm going to fly Google and look for it!)

Vic - think they are talking about the Bedlington Station High School at Palace Road (old grammar and modern schools combined) - the former West Ridge is now St. Benet Biscop Catholic High School.

Vic, originally promised £20M for redvelopement it is now £10M and a huge influx of kids? However somehow NCC have found some money to put towards the sports offer, as long as we call it the Bedlington Sports and Liesure Centre! (And that's a deliberate spelling mistake!)

To late now but I would have kept that one quiet, If a certain MP hears about that £10M it could just end up being diverted to the Capital of Wansbeck.  

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now