Rington's Tea

Just discovered ah can get Rington's Tea in the States noo an' ordered two boxes.

Wa gittin' real civilized like heyah noo.

Me dad's forst job was workin' fo' Rington's Tea in Ashin'ton. He started oot as a van lad and got ahll the way up ti van driver afore he joined the Navy. He went back te Rington's streyt aftah the war afore he became a polis. Apparently he was reyt put oot when me mutha put fatha's occupation on me borth certificate as 'horse van driver.'

Noo, if'n ah can only get Craster Kippers heyah ah'll be ah'll set an' wor lass - we's a Canadian by borth - can come te appreciate the  aroma of poached kippers lingerin' around the hoose fo' days aftawad.

But can you get their ginger biscuits?

Not to mention the many collectable gifts that my dear old Ma used to buy my cousins at Christmas?

Now if anyone is prepared to pay the post & package I can send them approx 27 Rington's items - tea pots, plates, tea caddys etc etc.

BUT don't tell the misses! I'm sure she once made me take a photo of most of them, that were displayed on a couple of shelves, in case we got burgled and I could give it to the police.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now