For Malcolm - The Bedlington Grand Prix!

Following this announcement - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/10961513/Motorsport-to-be-allowed-on-Britains-public-roads-No-10-announces.html - I'm going to give my old mate Mr Ecclestone a call and suggest a Formula One race around the local streets. It would bring in more punters than your bike race idea, Malcolm, and I am planning the route right now! The administrations office will be, as from today, Table 25 at the Lion, so if you want to talk to me about this frankly brilliant idea, you now where to find me (if it's sunny I'll be in the beer garden). Thanks. 

** I forgot - Foxy, if the cars don't want it, perhaps the bikes do? You wouldn't have to go to the IOM every year then!

Edited by mercuryg

Foxy, do they have tails, or not?

I have the route planned: start on Front Street (of course) up towards Lion, left at roundabout for nice high speed blast down towards Hartford, wiggly wiggly over the bridge and up towards roundabout, left there, back through Boghouses, left onto the Horton road - nice fast stretches there - and wiggly wiggly again down the bank and up, back to the start finish line! Sounds ideal to me. I'll send Bernie a map.

Keith, it's no problem, I'll cc you in to my messages to Bernie. Your route may be better than mine, so feel free, of course, to refresh my memory! I'll reserve a seat at Table 25 for your presentation.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now