Salmon Place ?

My grandmas maiden name was heron her married name was Curley when she got married she lived in Horst terrace,then Hudson avenue she had 2 brothers Frank & Sam .Frank lived in Hollymount square,Sam lived in bells place.she had a sister called Mary

who lived in cramlington my grandma comes from the line of Charltons from Bellingham hence border riever connections my middle

Name is Charlton which has been passed down through generations...

Hi Tonyp,

Francis and Jane Heron were in Salmon Place in 1911 with their children Mary 8yrs, Francis 6yrs, Margaret 4yrs and Samuel 2yrs. Jane is shown as 34 yrs from Bellingham.

It appears that Francis Ward Heron married Jane Charlton in 1901 in Bellingham.

Thank you very much for this information ..

On the Northumberland archive web site there is a photo of my great great granda on there, he was a postman in Bellingham

& was Jane's father he must have been born about 1840-50's he was called Antony Charlton.As I said can't thank you

enough Cheers.....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Tonyp Salmon Place was just off the Market Place in Bedlington and often called 'The Neuk' or Muggars' Nook' , although Salmon Place was the row of 2 rooms houses and cottages at the bottom of Muggars' Neuk (Muggar is another name for a Hawker)  facing back up towards the Market Place.  The first written evidence of Salmon Place I can find is an advert in the 'Morpeth Herald' 28 February 1880 for a seed list from John Brown of Woodbine Cottage Salmon Place (my 3G uncle)  Salmon Place was recommend for Clearance in 1938 although I found an application in 1944 by Mr. Fred Reed for possession to occupy 1-4 Salmon Place.  I found the entry for your Grandmother Margaret starting school on 20 August 1912, father Francis.  There is also an entry for Francis 1909 father Francis a miner.  

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now