Smarty Pins - Location Based Trivia

Brett

I wouldn't know about phonology,Tonyp. Phonetics was more my thing as I was fascinated by the different mechanisms involved in sound production. However, syntax and lexical development, both from a historical perspective, are more my domain. I'll have a bash at smartypins and let you know how I get on.

I knew you did psychology,I don't believe in all that cognitive behaviour rubbish it's all set in stone & you can't have an opinion as that's the way it that's why I'd choose sociology its much more interesting at least your allowed an opinion in it. I do like trivia Mmm

Maggie, don't take it seriously. I don't. I see it more as a bit of daft banter. There is no Point scoring going on - how can there be?  I haven't even seen a hint of a discussion let alone an argument. I can't agree to differ with Tonyp because I'm in agreement with him. I've said so (see #13). People "should stick to what they know". Unfortunately they don't Always do that. But it is a democratic World we live in. I've totally lost track of what's been talked about here. It started off with a nice gesture by Brett, very quickly turned to my geography and phonology skills (I don't possess either) and then progressed to simple things being man's things, cognitive behaviour therapy, stones, sociology and intellectual Girls sticking together! I just don't see the Connection. It cannot be a serious dialogue. It must be daft banter.

Correction: instead of psychology read linguistics. That was a mistake on my part. I was doing too many things at once - including listening to a debate on the radio about the need for more psychologists in primary care teams here in Scandinavia.

I got gold but I found the pin drop a bit 'IFY'. I knew the answer to a few of the question but I could not find the 'exact' place - IE Whitechapel for Ripper murders, Stormont for Irish Parliament. On the Ripper one I dropped the pin on the area of Whitechapel and it kept coming up You have chosen London!!

I chose a category - History & Current Affairs - then I looked at Entertainment and hadn't heard of half the 'celebs'. Good fun though, probably try again later.

I got gold but I found the pin drop a bit 'IFY'. I knew the answer to a few of the question but I could not find the 'exact' place - IE Whitechapel for Ripper murders, Stormont for Irish Parliament. On the Ripper one I dropped the pin on the area of Whitechapel and it kept coming up You have chosen London!!

I chose a category - History & Current Affairs - then I looked at Entertainment and hadn't heard of half the 'celebs'. Good fun though, probably try again later.

I had the same problem Keith until I realized you have to zoom in (double click) on some of the maps to get more detailed info/names displayed.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now