Ashington Redevelopment Plans - Fao Foxy

The good people of Bedlington loose out again.

I feel we are climbing Everest without a hope in hell.

Doctor Pit park is no compensation.

Where is the will to change!

Somewhere there has to be another lady like Ellen Mitchell who knows how to change things for the better.

No self interest !!

Where is the will to change!

The same place as the will to vote out the status quo!  But there is ever-increasing hope...

"I will miss some friends and former colleagues in the Labour Party, but I do have to accept the rather inconvenient truth, that UKIP is now the only credible political representation for hardworking, aspirational British families. For many years Labour has dogmatically abandoned hard working British people to promote a terrifyingly irresponsible 'something-for-nothing' culture. This has suffocated enterprise and society's ability to convey positive messages around the value of hard work and achievement by merit.

http://www.ukip.org/former_labour_party_press_officer_richard_bingley_joins_ukip

HI all, I

I heard Ian Lavery on the Radio spouting crap. I recall that a large investment was lavished upon on neighbours on the other side of the river not so long back , their front street got a massive overhaul, a new road laid etc. It already has a leisure centre, and its getting another one? The problem with Ashington is Not ASHINGTON. Money wont solve its problems. You can read between the lines , but you might as well take that money and throw it in the Wansbeck , there you go I said it.... your all thinking it.

• Like 2

HI all, I

I heard Ian Lavery on the Radio spouting crap. I recall that a large investment was lavished upon on neighbours on the other side of the river not so long back , their front street got a massive overhaul, a new road laid etc. It already has a leisure centre, and its getting another one? The problem with Ashington is Not ASHINGTON. Money wont solve its problems. You can read between the lines , but you might as well take that money and throw it in the Wansbeck , there you go I said it.... your all thinking it.

hear hear

Here's your opportunity folks! Get cracking and fill in the questionnaire.

1) What is worrying you about where you live? Our shabby neighbours, Bedlington.

2) What are you enjoying about where you live? Feel free to choose anything that NCC has funded for Morpeth.

3) What one thing would make your Life better? A 'face-lift' for Bedlington.

Great comments by John Hedley and others. Bedlington has always been the 'poor relation' when it comes to money being allocated compared to Ashington. The old Wansbeck Council certainly favoured Ashington. 

I hoped this might change when Northumberland County Council took everything over.

Sports centres in Newbiggin, Ashington, Morpeth, Cramlington and Blyth. Nothing in Bedlington!

The local MPs will obviously look after their own areas with Campbell and Lavery using whatever influence they have to boost their own hometowns.

The thing with MPs and Councillors of all levels is that YOU have a chance to vote them out if you don't think they've done a good enough job during their time in office.

If you're sick of the same old faces then get rid of them next time. Don't vote for someone because they are Labour/Tory/Lib Dem/UKIP or because they used to be a shop steward for the NUM or a well known local business person.. Think, has my MP or Councillor really done a good enough job. If not then give someone else a try.

In the last local elections a fair few of the candidates didn't even live in the ward they were trying to represent! Political selections obviously. I think there was even a married couple trying to represent different wards. Perhaps the motivation for being a councillor or MP is all wrong. Expenses, career politician stepping stone, who knows?

Put some thought into it and let's have some changes next time you put a cross on your ballot papers. Maybe then Bedlington will get a fair deal.

I really would like to say something about this but I can't cos I don't live in bedlington anymore but I am in a trade union & I do believe in them. people come up to me at work just because they want a row,they can't argue with management because they are frightened in case they lose there jobs but union bashing is free.dont forget the union is only as strong as it's members..I no for a fact in the the past

Union members broke ranks for there own selfish gains.what I do say to them what do you want to do about it if they have a problem

95 percent some do nothing cos there frightened of there shadows & that's everywhere north & south....

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now