Registering To Vote Just Got Easier

The registration system changed in June 2014 The new system is called 'Individual Electoral Registration'. You can register to vote anytime throughout the year.

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=16198

• You can now register online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
  • Everyone is responsible for registering themselves. Under the old system the 'head of every household' could register everyone who lived at their address.
  • You need to provide a few more details to register – including your national insurance number and date of birth. This makes the electoral register more secure.

So much simpler than going into the council offices are sending off the paperwork.

I can't understand it, will you still get a letter though if you ave not registered to vote online?

Depends which way you vote Adam,

I'm sure one of the political parties here in Bedlington will make sure old Mrs Smith is registered and gets up there to cast her vote, even if it means getting her out of the sickbed and taking her up there by way of Taxi or other means..... Of course Mrs Smith knows no better, she's never voted any other way. :( 

In the meantime I'll just have to leave you to ponder............Which Party would do that then?

Reading on the county's website there.

I can't understand it, will you still get a letter though if you ave not registered to vote online?

Call me old fashioned ;)

It's not voting online Adam. Just registering to vote which in turn updates the electoral register.

It's not voting online Adam. Just registering to vote which in turn updates the electoral register.

Sorry Brett did not mean voting online, I was not clear on the post i made.

What I meant to say was If you don't register online, do you still get the letter via the post asking to register to vote?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now