Hartford Camp

It sort of looks like they haven't bothered to acquire a copy themselves!  Though they seem to dangle the prospect that they might if there is enough interest.

I like the hot link on Northumberland and not Stakeford. Just in case Journal readers don't know where Northumberland is? :D  Increasing automation in news gathering is producing a lot of crud these days.  I have an idea for a book where web-scraping, and repeated computer re-interpretation of it by AI engines, produces a major and unstoppable international indecent with crazy consequences.  There you are authors; the idea is for free, but you'll owe me a from-an-idea-by credit - we'll talk about the film rights later. ;)

Nope!  Spelling checker mis-substitution whilst balancing a coup of coffee in one hand and a lappy on knees, whilst unstably seated.  Yet another unforeseen consequence of excessive automation!

incident - well spotted!

Thinks: that could add to the story-line, but if I point that out he'll want a royalty cut! :D

"a coup of coffee"

You successfully overthrew the dictatorial Nescafe?

Sorry, couldn't resist......

Not heard of Coffee Republic?  Also part of the plot. ;)

Anyway, it's the new cool: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-27760927

Many thanks, Malcolm, for the Journal link. I phoned the number posted in the article and left my contact details with great hopes that I'll hear from the author of the book. It appears that the author and I lived at Hartford Camp at about the same time although his name isn't familiar. I lived at Camp 1 (Camps 1 & 2 were at one side of the road and Camp 3 and the school were at the other) and I'm betting he lived at Camp 3. This is so exciting for me!

I remember a girl named Ann or Anne McLellan from Bedlington who was in my class at the camp school. She used to take the bus home every day. Dorothy Davidson who lived at the farm across the road from Hartford Hall was another attendee from outside the Camp. As a child this always puzzled me. It certainly is curious, isn't it?

• 8 months later...

Books were available from Plessey Woods the author only printed a couple of hundred copies and all sold quickly. He is going to print more if enough people want them, get in touch with Plessey email is best or phone weekends they have a list and his details. If no joy get back to me and I will find the list when I'm next at work. I have a copy and it is a good little book!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now