I am making a point about the toilets in Millne Car Park on behalf of an elderly neighbour of mine. She has stated that the toilets are always locked and being in her 80's has to attempt to go up the bank to the other toilets at the top of the town. Why are these toilets always locked she asks me can you explain anyone. Surely we can provide some facilities for people as there is  certainly non in our  so called supermarkets ie Tesco's or Morrisons

Doglover,

The toilets are locked because they are on Tesco property and NCC declared them as non-strategic.   

Tesco had promised to provide publicly assessable toilets within their new development but as we can see that ain't going to happen now so these toilets are just another casualty of this failed development. 

Something needs to be done because as far as I can see these ARE the most strategic public conveniences in the Town!  (In this context 'strategic' means ones tourists or visitors might need.) 

They had just been revamped months before they were closed.  

Just another slap in the face for the Town but then there is quite a litany of similar smears!  

Malcolm - is there any on-line facilities - NCC - Tesco - Morrisons etc. where we the bedlington.co.uk community could ask or /email about public toilet facilities? 

I have done a quick check on the NCC, Tesco & Morrisons sites but can't find an appropriate facility.

Could the community site invite the local supermarkets & NCC to see what the locals complain about on their community site? 

It seems the new way to complain is to write on Twitter.

People are paid to watch and take action.

This morning the news was of someone on a train complaining that it was very cold and within a short time the heating came on.

Being from Seaton Delaval, that car park is the only one I know of which can access the middle of the main street. Surely toilets should be provided for an important stop-off when visiting?
It's unimaginable that  Bedlington has no facilities there.

Another case of supermarkets ruining communities..

• Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now