Tesco Car Boot

might have been used as a cottage..lol..one thing for sure is..if its a public toilet it should be open for the public..theres nowt worse than wandering round the shops or market and to be busting a gut for the bog and find out there is none..pubs and cafes are for customers only and the last thing you want is to be dilly dallying around with the tortises head popping oot !!

The Toilets were owned by the county council and to my best knowledge still are, (they may be Tesco's now after the sale of the gap site and car park.)

They were closed after Tesco asked for them to be closed as they saw no point in them as the building of the new superstore (which would have toilets) was still on the cards at the time.

Its Tesco's land and the deal was the new store would have publicly accessible toilets. 

No new store no toilets!  

This toilet block had only just been refurbed shorty before it was closed.  

We will soon see the closed ones at Attlee Park demolished.  

Bit surprised at Tesco thinking a car boot on a Sunday would help them regain lost trade?  

Tesco don't stock enough variety of goods for the Vixen to do her weekly shop there, so she drives to Asda Blyth where she can get a whole range of goods that are unavailable in  Tesco's Bedlington store. We then have Tesco wondering why they don't have the footfall,

Elementary Dear Watson!

It must be just you, Malcolm, because I think Bedlington looks better in that picture - which is in the seventies - because we had shops and hopes for the future, etc etc etc. (PS The photo isn't mine, someone on this site posted it a while back.) :thumbsup:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now