Heavy Metal

Denzel

Recently, the abject state of 'heavy metal' music has been brought to my attention. Last Wednesday I watched a programme on BBC2 concerning Norwegian 'black metal' music. Quite simply, it was crap; imagine GWAR, but taking it seriously. And these kids were lapping it up; human sacrifices, pentagrams, the !*!@# lot.

On Friday I watched a bit of the Kerrang Awards. It got worse. A lamentable bunch of US college growlers operating under the monicker of 'Trivium' scooped the Best Band award, and it was painful. Middle class US college kids growling away (and lots of Beavis & Butthead style hand gestures, which I thought had died out) about skateboards, and the smart bird in 10th grade who called him a long-haired nerd, or somesuch nonsense.

So come on you metal kids, do something about it.

is the music getin worse r is it not we r getin older !!!!!!!!!!!

I am afraid that I was always too old for "Heavy Metal" , and Hip Hop, and any of the other Talking, Growling stuff which passes for music nowadays!

Joe.

Never mind those Dragonforcers guys and their "tubbyboohoo mommy stopped my allowance, let's drink some cider and invoke demons" schtick, get your laughing gear around some German lounge lizard hipster tunes here.

All top tackle, notably "Bodybuilding" which was robbed lock, stock and barrel by the excellent Bentley Rhythm Ace for "Bentley's Gonna Sort You Out".

B)

the're are still good metal bands out there in the depths , iced earth have got the singer that replaced rob halford in preist for a time , so im waiting to see what that sounds like , also the old geezers maiden preist motorhead are still going , and alot of new true metal comes from europe these days ( the continent not the band , but the're still going too) bands like hammerfall , arch enemy and so on , then theres all the helloween reissues, if you like maiden the're staight out of 1987 TOP vintage METAL year that one. i suggest ignoring the rubbish thats coming out of the U.S . Metal needs time to grow, unfortunately everyones after the fast buck with hip metal , which usually sounds !*!@# after 2 listens