Anyone Interested In A Video Game Shop In Bedlington?

Poll for Video Game Store  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think I would prefer that to the Wii, simply so i dont hit anyone lol I think the Wii would have been even better if it had the graphics of the Xbox 360 or the PS3, but nintendo seem to have kept with the game cube graphics instead, realy dont understand why.

nintendo sucks visually! they have had 1 or 2 good games though!

ps they are aimed at kids and the elderly!! :blink::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I would prefer that to the Wii, simply so i dont hit anyone lol I think the Wii would have been even better if it had the graphics of the Xbox 360 or the PS3, but nintendo seem to have kept with the game cube graphics instead, realy dont understand why.

The Nintendo Gamecube died a sad death, simply because there was no variation in games / graphics from console to console. In fact most of the games for the Gamecube had already been previously released for the N64. And how many Gameboy games are also available for the DS and other Nintendo consoles? It gets boring after a while.

Its all Mario this and Yoshi that, with a bit of Wario and Princess Peach thrown in for good measure.

Must admitt though, Ocarina of time is still one of my all time favorites! :D

I think the Wii is aimed at a younger audience. Maybe Nintendo didnt intend it to be, but thats what their consoles always end up as being, now that Microsoft is on the scene to contend with Sony. Nintendo dont stand a chance.

The Nintendo Gamecube died a sad death, simply because there was no variation in games / graphics from console to console. In fact most of the games for the Gamecube had already been previously released for the N64. And how many Gameboy games are also available for the DS and other Nintendo consoles? It gets boring after a while.

Its all Mario this and Yoshi that, with a bit of Wario and Princess Peach thrown in for good measure.

I think the Wii is aimed at a younger audience. Maybe Nintendo didnt intend it to be, but thats what their consoles always end up as being, now that Microsoft is on the scene to contend with Sony. Nintendo dont stand a chance.

funny how nintendo DS is out selling th psp by miles ..and have sold every Wii so far produced..which they make a profit on ...unlike microsoft and sony ..sony lose 150 -200 quid from every PS3 thay sell!! Its all first person blasters on the sony and microsoft machines .. i like funny games with bright colours :P

funny how nintendo DS is out selling th psp by miles ..and have sold every Wii so far produced..which they make a profit on ...unlike microsoft and sony ..sony lose 150 -200 quid from every PS3 thay sell!! Its all first person blasters on the sony and microsoft machines .. i like funny games with bright colours :P

Thats cause of the memory game for the DS!

• When did i mention PSP / DS sales?
  • By the way, they change every quarter.

• Nintendo didnt release an awful lot of consoles, most of which had to be returned due to faulty controller straps :lol:
  • Nintendo make a profit on their consoles because it only costs them around £100 to manufacture the whole thing.
  • Unlike Microsoft and Sony? What do you mean? They havent lost money yet.
  • Oh, Sony lose 150 - 200 quid for each PS3 they sell? They spend £416 on manufacturing the 'basic' console, of which around £260 is spent on the motherboard alone.
  • It's common for video-game console makers to lose money on hardware, and make up for the loss via video game-title sales

"This is all good news for customers, who get all that computing power for a relative bargain. iSuppli called the PlayStation 3 an "engineering masterpiece," with a motherboard that looks more like that of an enterprise server or network switch than a games console.

The console provides "more processing power and capability than any consumer electronics device in history," iSuppli said."

So how can you complain? Who cares wether the toffs at Sony lose money - i want a bargain!

You can keep Nintendo - with its 'funny games with bright colours"

:P

Sorry monsta i didnt see your post about PC games. Yeah definatly going to have PC games as well. some great PC games out at the minute. Do you mind if i ask what kind of games are you all interested in?

If you come across a copy of the original 'Simcity', please keep it for me.

Guest missvic

Wow! Zelda fans in Bedlington! I thought I was the only one!!!

Station Games, if you could hunt me out a copy of the Four Swords for the Gamecube, I would be a very happy bird. Ooh.. or the Twilight Princess (though I'm not too sure about the 3D graphics).

Gosh! I sound like a geek now!

i like funny games with bright colours :P

Fancy a bit of MarioKart action when you're up at the weekend? I've eventually unlocked Mirror Mode! Ooh!

Haha, i think we all have a bit of geek in us when it comes to computer games. I dont think Nintendo is all that bad, i remember playing Mario Kart with my mate when the N64 was released, thought it was brilliant!

And that eel in the lake on Mario 64 scared the living daylights out of me!

But yeah, Zelda is my all time fave when it comes to Nintendo. Majoras Mask was good, but not as good!

:D

I think a video game shop in Bedlington would be an excellent idea.

It would allow the town's gamers to save money and try a greater variety of games. Mainly though, it would also keep all the spods out of the pubs.

whats a spod? is it a form of potato!

• When did i mention PSP / DS sales?
  • By the way, they change every quarter.

• Nintendo didnt release an awful lot of consoles, most of which had to be returned due to faulty controller straps :lol:
  • Nintendo make a profit on their consoles because it only costs them around £100 to manufacture the whole thing.
  • Unlike Microsoft and Sony? What do you mean? They havent lost money yet.
  • Oh, Sony lose 150 - 200 quid for each PS3 they sell? They spend £416 on manufacturing the 'basic' console, of which around £260 is spent on the motherboard alone.
  • It's common for video-game console makers to lose money on hardware, and make up for the loss via video game-title sales

"This is all good news for customers, who get all that computing power for a relative bargain. iSuppli called the PlayStation 3 an "engineering masterpiece," with a motherboard that looks more like that of an enterprise server or network switch than a games console.

The console provides "more processing power and capability than any consumer electronics device in history," iSuppli said."

So how can you complain? Who cares wether the toffs at Sony lose money - i want a bargain!

You can keep Nintendo - with its 'funny games with bright colours"

:P

So you agree with me then PS3 are over engineered expensive wastes of space... plus the UK version is a

bodged throw together due to sony running out of chips

Wow! Zelda fans in Bedlington! I thought I was the only one!!!

Station Games, if you could hunt me out a copy of the Four Swords for the Gamecube, I would be a very happy bird. Ooh.. or the Twilight Princess (though I'm not too sure about the 3D graphics).

Fancy a bit of MarioKart action when you're up at the weekend? I've eventually unlocked Mirror Mode! Ooh!

Have you still got that game i left there.. i'll come round and give u a good ass kicking again :D:lol::lol:

Guest missvic
Have you still got that game i left there.. i'll come round and give u a good ass kicking again :D:lol::lol:

Yes Dave, your Rocky game has been gathering dust on me shelf since Christmas :unsure:

I think a video game shop in Bedlington would be an excellent idea.

It would allow the town's gamers to save money and try a greater variety of games. Mainly though, it would also keep all the spods out of the pubs.

Do you not 'game' CK?

I certainly believe it's what the cool kids are doing these days... all this alternative music malarky, well, it's just not rock 'n' roll is it?

Ive heard that about replacing the chip for the UK version of PS3 because of delays making the machines, but then again ive read they have got the chip manufacturing working spot on now so i dont know. either way sony are going to play down the fact the UK version is lower spec than the US version. then again could just be free advertising for sony.

Ive heard that about replacing the chip for the UK version of PS3 because of delays making the machines, but then again ive read they have got the chip manufacturing working spot on now so i dont know. either way sony are going to play down the fact the UK version is lower spec than the US version. then again could just be free advertising for sony.

I thought it was a quick re design , they are fitting an emulator set up to play older games instead of original

hardware which has become hard to source . I dont think they should bother myself

I read somewhere that the chips in the US version PS3 were costing too much and were taking to long to manufacturer to meet demand for the console, dont know how true that it though. never heard about the emulator problems though. seems a waste of time redesigning it just for that, they should have thought about it before they built the first PS3 in Japan and the US lol

I read somewhere that the chips in the US version PS3 were costing too much and were taking to long to manufacturer to meet demand for the console, dont know how true that it though. never heard about the emulator problems though. seems a waste of time redesigning it just for that, they should have thought about it before they built the first PS3 in Japan and the US lol

I meant they've started using a eeprom ( or some such ) chip with emulators on them as firmware.. thats why they've said the emulators can be updated from the net. On the face of it its not really lower spec at all, its just a different way around the problem of backwards compatibilty . I can see the reasons for it.. i just think that when a new system comes out ..if theres a no games around straight away it gives developers

a chance to make a name for themselves by raising the standard rather than just releasing the same games just hashed over .With a large back catalogue from older systems i think it takes longer for developers to start working on new code... they just use the same stuff from the last platform because the public still accept it .. All this technically power they hype on about is all well and good but its only being used to snazz up up old code in most cases.

sony insist on backwards compatibilty due to the almost 500 quid price tag! and it sounds better with 1500 titles available.. no doubt a brilliant machine however i think ill wait.

I meant they've started using a eeprom ( or some such ) chip with emulators on them as firmware.. thats why they've said the emulators can be updated from the net. On the face of it its not really lower spec at all, its just a different way around the problem of backwards compatibilty . I can see the reasons for it.. i just think that when a new system comes out ..if theres a no games around straight away it gives developers

a chance to make a name for themselves by raising the standard rather than just releasing the same games just hashed over .With a large back catalogue from older systems i think it takes longer for developers to start working on new code... they just use the same stuff from the last platform because the public still accept it .. All this technically power they hype on about is all well and good but its only being used to snazz up up old code in most cases.

sony insist on backwards compatibilty due to the almost 500 quid price tag! and it sounds better with 1500 titles available.. no doubt a brilliant machine however i think ill wait.

you really are bill gates aren't you! :lol:

The british PS3 wont be any different than the rest - theres always rumors flying around the internet, personally i dont pay attention to any of them.

Most All of the "Sony PS3 this and PS3 that" rumors have already turned out to be false - so we'll wait and see.

Already the PS3 games titles is building - but i havent seen any yet that have made me want to buy the console at its full price! (Most of them i've already seen on Xbox 360)

I will buy one eventually - probably this christmas when they are a bit cheaper.