Anyone Interested In A Video Game Shop In Bedlington?

Poll for Video Game Store  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Im interested to know how many of you would use a Video game shop if I were to open one in Bedlington. The prices of the games would be similar to Granger games but with more products and more services.

Hope Admin dont mind me asking this on here, just thought id ask the people of Bedlington what they thought.

Thanks all

Brian

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have deals like granger games definitly not expensive like game, its ridiculous the prices they charge. Theres going to be a home delivery service also basicaly for people who cant get out to the store.

Thanks Brian

Wow, excellent idea, i've been saying we need one for years!

Most of us have to go to Blyth or Cramlington to visit Granger Games / Gamestation or Game.

To be honest i dont buy from Game / Gamestation because like you said, their prices are close to a joke.

Thanks :) Its going to be better than traveling to other areas like Blyth, Ashington and Cramlington for games, consoles and DVD's. I was wanting to add some more questions to the poll but wont allow more than 3. But I also wanted to ask would anyone be interested in the trade in scheme like granger games, gamestation do? and also selling your old games/DVD's to me when I open? Just wondering if anyone would actually do that or want to do that?

Some prices at gamestation/game are beyond a joke I stopped going there when i saw the price tag. My prices will be very competitive with granger games but not having to travel to blyth, ashington and cramlington will save money anyway not having to pay for the bus or for petrol.

Thanks :) Its going to be better than traveling to other areas like Blyth, Ashington and Cramlington for games, consoles and DVD's. I was wanting to add some more questions to the poll but wont allow more than 3. But I also wanted to ask would anyone be interested in the trade in scheme like granger games, gamestation do? and also selling your old games/DVD's to me when I open? Just wondering if anyone would actually do that or want to do that?

Some prices at gamestation/game are beyond a joke I stopped going there when i saw the price tag. My prices will be very competitive with granger games but not having to travel to blyth, ashington and cramlington will save money anyway not having to pay for the bus or for petrol.

The trade in scheme is one of the reasons why those stores are so successfull in the first place, I would be more than happy with a similar exchange scheme!.

Granger games has a database with every game on it, and they have a certain price for each game that they buy - depending on how old it is and the condition etc. I think a similar system would benefit you too.

I would be happy to sell off some games i dont play on, in fact i've got one or two which i could probably donate, as they are totally naff! :lol:

One thing i was wondering, would you only sell PS2, PS3, Xbox and Xbox 360 games, or would you also stock older consoles and games, such as N64 etc?

Yeah as well as the new systems ps2, ps3, xbox, xbox 360, psp, DS, Wii, gamecube etc I would definatly be stocking some of the older retro systems and games. dreamcast, N64, SNES, NES, megadrive, master system, saturn, lynx etc some companies are still producing and releasing games for these systems like dreamcast there was a new game for it released other week cant think what it was called off top of my head though. So yeah going to stock what the people want :) Thanks for the offer about games :)

Hi Im definitly going ahead with this as everything is in the works :) I cant give an exact date right now but this year between now and August it will be open :) Would you or anyone else be interested in retro consoles/games? as well as the new consoles/games etc.

Hi, just about everyone i know has at least one console in their home - mainly PS2, XBOX and XBOX 360. Also, the handelds are very popular, i see Granger Games stock of PSP games are increasing every month, whereas the DS stock seems static.

In terms of retro games, a few people i know buy them, including me every now and then. Namely SNES, and Sega Saturn games - but only the good classic ones! I think if you stocked just any retro games, you'd have trouble shifting them. You know, these games are hard to come by, so if you did decide to try them out, i suppose you'd get people coming from outside of Bedlington to your shop.

In general, if your thinking of stocking retro consoles and games, i'd start off with small stock and see how it went from there. The latest Console games are always going to be the most popular, so concentrate on those.

Keep an eye out with those other game shops though - you'll pick up what works and what doesnt!

Thanks for the advice blank will do :) Yeah I see what you mean about only certain games esp retro get sold. For retro games ill sell the hit ones i.e. Mario, sonic, etc both classics :) Just out of interest is anyone here going to buy a playstation 3?

YES!!

Silly question really! :lol:

lol I think the PS3 is going to be great but I think its price tag will put some people off buying it, especially since games like grand theft auto 4 are going on all consoles at the same time. But Ive heard that the next GTA for next gen consoles will be exclusive to PS3. Complete change of subject but did You see in the paper other day about a new control pad for games? its a helmet and you control games with your mind. It would prob be ok as a novelty but cant really beat a real pad.

Hi, just about everyone i know has at least one console in their home - mainly PS2, XBOX and XBOX 360. Also, the handelds are very popular, i see Granger Games stock of PSP games are increasing every month, whereas the DS stock seems static.

In terms of retro games, a few people i know buy them, including me every now and then. Namely SNES, and Sega Saturn games - but only the good classic ones! I think if you stocked just any retro games, you'd have trouble shifting them. You know, these games are hard to come by, so if you did decide to try them out, i suppose you'd get people coming from outside of Bedlington to your shop.

In general, if your thinking of stocking retro consoles and games, i'd start off with small stock and see how it went from there. The latest Console games are always going to be the most popular, so concentrate on those.

Keep an eye out with those other game shops though - you'll pick up what works and what doesnt!

I probably will get a ps3 when the price goes down! Until then i`ve got an xbox 360,xbox,ps2,ps1,gamecube and a ds in the house to keep me occupied so theres no rush! :lol:

I think me brother`s getting a one though..

lol I think the PS3 is going to be great but I think its price tag will put some people off buying it, especially since games like grand theft auto 4 are going on all consoles at the same time. But Ive heard that the next GTA for next gen consoles will be exclusive to PS3. Complete change of subject but did You see in the paper other day about a new control pad for games? its a helmet and you control games with your mind. It would prob be ok as a novelty but cant really beat a real pad.

I'm gonna wait untill the price falls, then i'm selling off my PS2 with most of my games (holding on to the good ones) and putting that towards a PS3.

I'm looking forward to FF13, in fact thats probably one of the only reasons to buy a PS3 in my book!

As for brain reading helmet controller... er, even if that did happen - i'd never use it!

only one ive not tried out of them is the xbox 360 whats that like? I fancied that dead rising game on it but ive seen some bad reviews about it. no neither would I dont fancy having a helmet on controling things lol Ive read the new PS3 wont play all PS2 games even though its supposed to sony are going to release updates for its firmware that will allow more PS2 games to play.

mind reading helmet! don't tell bill gates he'll know all are secrets then!

the thoughts of human slavery spring to mind argh! he will control the world! :blink:

only one ive not tried out of them is the xbox 360 whats that like? I fancied that dead rising game on it but ive seen some bad reviews about it. no neither would I dont fancy having a helmet on controling things lol Ive read the new PS3 wont play all PS2 games even though its supposed to sony are going to release updates for its firmware that will allow more PS2 games to play.

Yeah - the Xbox 360 was exactly the same when it was first released. Wouldnt play the older Xbox games.

It will play all PS1 games though. I also heard that rumor that Sony was going to stop the consoles from playing pre-owned games. So basically any game you bought, once it was installed on your PS3, it wouldnt play on anyone elses.

Apparently they can do this - its Sonys way of clamping down on piracy and whatever, but they didnt bother at the last minute. (I asked an employee of Gamestation and he 'confirmed' it).

I'm glad they didnt, because they would have killed the PS3 if they did.

heard they got a controller with gyroscopes in so when you move the controller the game moves too. bit like the wii except no chance of you smashing the flat screen or injuring yourself!

heard they got a controller with gyroscopes in so when you move the controller the game moves too. bit like the wii except no chance of you smashing the flat screen or injuring yourself!

Yeah - gyroscopes.

Basically when your playing a game, say a racing game, instead of you pushing left on the analogue stick you just turn the pad to the left. Nice.