Bedlington's Future

Good idea, but not in Bedlington, surely the supermarkets will continue to pay their staff low wages. keep their prices lower than it would cost to keep a vending machine stocked.

Noticed in the video the vending machine Heinz veg soup was 95p. Checked Asda online - 86p.

Would be handy in villages like Stamfordham. Last time I was there even the Bay Horse had stopped selling groceries; probably a 2 or 3 years ago when it last did. Probably a trip into Ponteland for Stamfordham lot inf they run out of milk.

Strangely enough I've just watched my boxed set of 'The League of Gentlemen'. I just can't help thinking about the theme tune and 'Local Shop' and wondering if that isn't our future. Bedlington High Street is dying a death because of lack of variety but new businesses won't come in to Bedlington because of lack of support. Support is lacking because there is no variety, catch 22.

I spoke to an ex - Bedlingtonian recently who wanted to move back to his roots but his wife refuses as there are no shops here.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now