Barriers To Bedlington Businesses

I originally banked with Lloyds TSB in Bedlington. As you know it split and all the branches became either Lloyds or TSB. My account was sent to Lloyds without any consultation with me. It is not convenient for me to bank with Lloyds as it means wasting time travelling out of Bedlington just to bank cheques. So - I went to what was my Lloyds TSB bank and is now TSB and asked to move my account to TSB.

I could hardly believe it when they told me that they only deal with private individuals and sole traders and they didn't have the 'facilites' to deal with limited companies! What hope has business in Bedlington got?

They have a poster on the wall saying 'TSB - the bank that is unlike all other banks'. Well they certainly got that one right!

The banking industry in this country is a shambles, and this is just another example of why. It is there entirely to line the pockets of those in charge, not to help customers in any way, shape or form. I mentioned elsewhere about starting my business; I needed £500, maximum, to get off the ground. I had banked with Lloyds-TSB for thirty odd years  and had a fair record. The computer said no. I could have paid them back in the first month of trading and had firm orders to prove it. Utterly useless.

I could hardly believe it when they told me that they only deal with private individuals and sole traders and they didn't have the 'facilites' to deal with limited companies! What hope has business in Bedlington got?

It sounds like this staff member is mistaken. My own limited company is banking with TSB in Bedlington and was originally with Lloyds.

It sounds like this staff member is mistaken. My own limited company is banking with TSB in Bedlington and was originally with Lloyds.

Thanks for that Fourgee. The member of staff who told me they didn't take on limited companies confirmed it with another member of staff and then went out of view to confirm it with somebody in the office. I find it very strange and I'm going to go back sometime within the next week or so to see if a mistake has been made. If you don't mind -  I'm going to say that I know that at least one limited company has already changed from Lloyds TSB to TSB (obviously I won't give your name as I don't know it anyway) :-) I'll let you know what happens.

It is also very odd as BB only uses the bank account for direct debits and paying in so it is not as if we are a complicated account.

we have whats known as the credit union over here in Ireland ..its like a bank but run by the members and everyone can have a go if they like. they will lend you 3 times the amount of your savings with out too many questions and with much less fuss than a visit to the bank..the whole country seems to be a member and some familys rely on the credit union just to get by..they even lend money to the unemployed after a means test..its pretty cool really .though because it is run by the members it means that joe soap or mrs mac from down the road might be working on the counter and have access to your personal finances and be sharing that info with your neighbours or enemies..back in the early nineties my local branch was actually in someones kitchen down the street and to lodge money you would have to return the following evening to get your book back after it had been stamped..there have been cases where credit union staff have done runners with the funds ( a bit like leek show treasures)..

years ago I wanted to borrow three grand to buy an old half decked trawler and when I told them what the loan was for they insisted that I drop in with some fish with my repayments..only in Ireland..lol

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now