Bedlington Golf Club

Merlin

Has anyone heard anymore about the sale of the golf club by W.D.C. I think it was connected to the sale of the community centre but not sure. If W.D.C. are involved you can be sure it's for their benefit and not for the good folk of Bedlington!

Here is the latest minutes from a cabinet committe meeting dated 05 Feb 2007.

An intersesting read - just scroll down to COMMUNITY FACILITIES, BEDLINGTON.

I reckon they should keep nine holes of the golf course at least. Build a centre there with a 30m pool a indoor football pitch and a fitness suite with the profits from flogging the community centre and maybe a trim trail around the perimeter - which is inexpensive.. Extend the car park and charge a small fee for parking - throw in a small bar and function room ..sorted.

I reckon they should keep nine holes of the golf course at least. Build a centre there with a 30m pool a indoor football pitch and a fitness suite with the profits from flogging the community centre and maybe a trim trail around the perimeter - which is inexpensive.. Extend the car park and charge a small fee for parking - throw in a small bar and function room ..sorted.

Agree.But I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone can build on the land,read somewhere that Hartford estates wanted the park(13th,14th,15th) to build on but couldn't get planning permission.Maybe that's why it's only £500,000

They are selling the golf club to the club members. It will continue to be a golf course. The site of the exciting new community facility is yet to be decided.

Exactly - the site wont be decided untill its clear what facilities the new center will provide. Theres no point buying a plot then realising its too big / too small later on:

A: Undertake a survey within the community to ascertain the particular activities that are required to be provided for.

B: To scope out the scale of a facility based on the findings of the survey.

C: To review appropriate location options based on the outcome of B above.

So why dont we all get in touch with WDC and let them know what we would all like to see?

:)

Exactly - the site wont be decided untill its clear what facilities the new center will provide. Theres no point buying a plot then realising its too big / too small later on:

A: Undertake a survey within the community to ascertain the particular activities that are required to be provided for.

B: To scope out the scale of a facility based on the findings of the survey.

C: To review appropriate location options based on the outcome of B above.

So why dont we all get in touch with WDC and let them know what we would all like to see?

:)

knowing the luck of us bedlingtonians it'll end up being built in cambois. or even worse, not being built at all!! :huh:

knowing the luck of us bedlingtonians it'll end up being built in cambois. or even worse, not being built at all!! :huh:

whats wrong with cambois they've got a cracking beach and stuff. don't !*!@# cambois off!

With the "sale" of the golf course and the community centre there should be enough to build something! Location, my guess would be the Gap Site they have been talking about it for years!

Also I believe WDC have unlocked/found some cash to inject into the community, might as well come to Bedlington! Far be it from me to suggest the immenent election as being in any way related to this sudden bonanza!!!!!!!!

You will be seeing prospective candidates very soon on your doorsteps maybe they should listen to what people say rather than just go through the usual lip service in search of your vote!

why don't the council just keep them do them up, maybe put them to use. instead of wasting more money on things people don't even want or will ever use! like that janus statue or those metal poles don't the woods what a waste of money! :angry:

Guest stinky skidmark
what something that useful!

ps doesn't the picture remind you of bedlington "full of half wits!"

wot u mean "full of half wits!"

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the golf club built on the the old Costains opencast site (been away since the 60's)? Any prospective buyer/developer would be amazed at what was dumped in the hole before being cover over - this was in the days before the concept of environmental impact studies. Has anybody ever seen anything seeping out the ground at the river level below the site? I saw lorry loads of steel drums (contents unknown!), rubble, industrial waste, etc. being tipped. The most memorable was a huge quantity of cosmetic products, especially stuff like shampoo being left - somebody brought a load of it to Westridge School for use in the showers after PE lessons ... foam everywhere!! Probably infected loads of lads with skin infections.

Symptoms

Is this the golf club built on the the old Costains opencast site (been away since the 60's)? Any prospective buyer/developer would be amazed at what was dumped in the hole before being cover over - this was in the days before the concept of environmental impact studies. Has anybody ever seen anything seeping out the ground at the river level below the site? I saw lorry loads of steel drums (contents unknown!), rubble, industrial waste, etc. being tipped. The most memorable was a huge quantity of cosmetic products, especially stuff like shampoo being left - somebody brought a load of it to Westridge School for use in the showers after PE lessons ... foam everywhere!! Probably infected loads of lads with skin infections.

Symptoms

nice sound like something wansbeck council would do! must have been a bit of a backhander involved?

Symptoms

I remember the shampoo being dumpt there in the early sixties, didn't have to buy any for a few weeks, handy for the pit baths.

I remember the shampoo being dumpt there in the early sixties, didn't have to buy any for a few weeks, handy for the pit baths.

Should be made into a rally driving school...

along with an outdoor go-karting center, trials bike and quad track.

oh, and would it be too unsafe to build a sports center??? :-P