Help Needed To Identify Some Photographs

Reedy

Thank you all - to keep it simple 1) the photo was taken from the west of the Bedlington Bank, between Atlee Park and Millfield - 2) Bedlington bank & Furnace bank are not in the photo and 3) the building on the skyline of the photo is Millbank House(just East of Beatty Road).

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never heard of Millbank House. Can someone enlighten me please?

Millbank - the identification of Millbank House, by Ovalteeny, was the first I had heard of it. Remember Millbank Road & Millbank Place, still there of course, what we used to pass to get to me granny's in Beatty Road but got no history on Millbank House. 

Here's another one for Eggs  :o

attachicon.gifOB.jpg

Don't recognize the name or any features in the photo Foxy. The sign on the building to the left says Traveller's Rest and the only Traveller's rest pub I know of, or in Reedy's dads list is the one at Scotland Gate.

Here's another one for Eggs  :o

attachicon.gifOB.jpg

I did not work out from the partial photo where this photo was taken - onky ever knew a Traveller's Rest pub at Scotland Gate but now I know there used to be one at the Top End :-

post-3031-0-49374400-1444569820_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/31/2014 at 19:17, Reedy said:

Finally finished scanning 800+ photographs of Bedlington related stuff including Cambois, Barrington, Netherton etc.

There are about 6-8 which Dad can't name so any suggestions would be welcome.

I've posted the first which he thinks is a Westridge School Football Team from 1952-53. Confirmation or any players names please.

post-3028-0-96756800-1391195678_thumb.jp

Back row second from left my Father in law John Ferguson

• 1 year later...
On 14/10/2017 at 13:30, graeme said:

Back row second from left my Father in law John Ferguson

@graeme

- searching for another football pic and I noticed your comment without a reply to it. I know it's a while back but did you see the entry in the Whitley Memorial Album, with this photo and some name, in the  gallery?

this is a link to the Album :-  

• 6 months later...

And the next one to try and identify is :-

'Bank House Bedlington' and 'Mrs McNally' written on the back of this photo from Maureen Quait.

Mrs McNally Millbank House.jpg

Anyone heard of the place or the lady?

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 06:42, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

@Joe McNally - shot in the dark - recognise Mrs McNally or the name Bank House from the photo above?

Sorry Alan but I don't think I can shed any light on this photo. My grandfather was Patrick(Paddy) McNally and lived in North Terrace. He passed away in the late 50's and I cannot reconcile this pic with my memories of him. It appears to be from early 1900's and maybe the 1911 Census may give some clues.

Three more football photos from @Reedy's dads collection that he believes must be old Bedlington teams , otherwise he wouldn't have them,  but unfortunately nothing else can be remembered about these photos:).

If I manage to find any info on these photos I will add them into the album :-  

paul reed restored.jpg

Paul Reed 2.jpg

Paul Reed 3.jpg

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

• 3 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now