Parking Eye At Wansbeck General

I was just wondering if anyone else on the site has had any problems, like the poor lady whose story was told in the NPL this week. I myself have just had an appeal turned down, I went to a local shop to have my parking ticket photocopied and was told by the owner they have had loads of people in using the photocopier for the same reason, one gentleman had'nt even parked but had been driving around looking for a space.  Its really frustrating and worrying, I have heard no one wins an appeal.

Yes my mum had a problem when she took my grandad to Wansbeck General (with a medical emergency to which he was took to the freeman by ambulance) he is disabled and has a blue badge which is on display in his car which my mum was driving at the time, she explained what was going on in the appeal and they (parking eye) gave the money back after admitting they were wrong to charge in the first place.

I successfully appealed a few months ago when none of the machines were working in any of the car parks. There must have been hundreds of tickets issued and no doubt loads of people paid.

The process is obviously computer generated.

Loads of info online about the law and whether to pay up or not.

The places where you have to put in a registration number bug me!

You cannot then forward on.

In Lancaster last week the parkies were so hot on the trail that one was stalking a motorist who merely pulled up for a second.

Edinburgh is not to good either.

My mother bought our kids two traffic wardens one year.

They were to hang in the car window.

• 2 weeks later...

I Think you'll find they, traffic wardens,  have quite a bit of lawful jurisdiction. When I lived in London (it's many years ago now) one of my colleages was fined on the spot by a traffic warden for parking too Close to a junction and thereby blocking it. She complained as she thought that it wasn't within the warden's rights to do so - but it certainly was! I Think there are a few other 'crimes' they can fine you for as well. They can certainly clamp your Wheels and have the police tow you away, and apparently the police can't refuse.

Edited by Canny lass

This is a private company enfor ing parking fines which i dont think they can lawfully do.

I have read many things saying that you should not pay the fines but i don't know the full facts to explain why.

Having been a regular at Wansbeck General. for the past couple of months it may be helpful to point out that the football club, just down the road, is the official overflow car park, and is free. This information is imparted only in very small letters on the signs.

• 1 month later...

I read in the Leader that Wansbeck General are having talks with Parking Eye because they have had so many complaints, will anything come of it? I dont think so.

• 3 weeks later...

Went on-line to update the Parking Eye system of a Blue-Badge car registration and the www.northumbria.nhs.uk/parking page, from October 2013, still directs you to register on the system www.northumbria.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/car-parking BUT when you get to that page it says - 'The trust is currently changing the system used to manage its car parks so patients and visitors are asked to carefully observe signage in hospital car parks during this transitional period. 

Costs

There will be no change to current parking charges for patients / visitors which, at £1.20 per hour or a maximum of £4 for a 24 hour stay, continue to be some of the cheapest in the NHS. 

In addition:

• A free 20 minute period exists which allows 'pick-ups' and 'drop-offs'.
  • A half hourly charge of 60p is in place after the first hour of parking has been paid.
  • Disabled (blue) badge holders continue to be exempt from charges and should display their badge in their windscreen.'

• 11 months later...

Just heard that the disabled bays at the Freeman Hospital will fall under the same rules as any other bay and drivers displaying a blue badge will have to pay,same as everybody else.

This is to happen very soon,in the spring of 2015.

I think Wansbeck changed the draconian company a while back - but no excuse - I was back and forward everyday for many weeks after mum had a stroke -- (160 mile round tripe each day) and racked up many 100's of pounds in charges) and it only adds to the stress of visitors -- although on a different note -- how dare NHS charge employees to park? now that is a workplace issue

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now