Happy Birthday Canny Lass.

Thank you everyone for your very kind wishes. I spent a pleasant morning shovelling snow and a pleasant afternoon dancing around the Xmas tree with the grandchildren, followed by the family plundering the tree of everything that's edible, as is the custom here every year on 13th January. I actually managed to get a Cadbury's chocolate bell! Oh the sheer luxury! Happy memories.

Foxy, I don't mind all these Candles. I feel that I'm doing this household a service by keeping the lighting bills down. I'm also doing the environment a service in causing  less trees to be cut down to provide Wood to heat the house.

Eggy, my crossing out and underlining problems are a thing of the past. If only someone with the right know-how could solve the new problems of mid-sentence capital letters popping up here and there, as well as my not being able to quote anyone, then this old woman would be very happy.

Thanks again to everybody.

Thank you everyone for your very kind wishes. I spent a pleasant morning shovelling snow and a pleasant afternoon dancing around the Xmas tree with the grandchildren, followed by the family plundering the tree of everything that's edible, as is the custom here every year on 13th January. I actually managed to get a Cadbury's chocolate bell! Oh the sheer luxury! Happy memories.

Foxy, I don't mind all these Candles. I feel that I'm doing this household a service by keeping the lighting bills down. I'm also doing the environment a service in causing  less trees to be cut down to provide Wood to heat the house.

Eggy, my crossing out and underlining problems are a thing of the past. If only someone with the right know-how could solve the new problems of mid-sentence capital letters popping up here and there, as well as my not being able to quote anyone, then this old woman would be very happy.

Thanks again to everybody.

Don't know if this will help young lady but it can't do any harm to try and you could end up a happy youngin selecting your 'Quote' Radio button. Java and Radio buttons are something I have ever 'played' with but I did remember noticing a setting on my Google Chrome web browser menu about Java. 

post-3031-0-43302700-1389794751_thumb.pn - if you right click with your mouse on the 3 horizontal bars in the top right hand corner of the screen you will get your browser settings displayed.

I have done a bit of checking and even found a site that gives a guide on how to check that Java is enabled within various browsers :-  http://enable-javascript.com/

For Google chrome:-

1.    On the web browser menu click on the "Customize and control Google Chrome" and select "Settings".

2.    In the "Settings" section click on the "Show advanced settings..."

3.    Under the the "Privacy" click on the "Content settings...".

4.    When the dialog window opens, look for the "JavaScript" section and select "Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended)".

5.    Click on the "OK" button to close it.

6.    Close the "Settings" tab.

7.    Click on the "Reload this page" button of the web browser to refresh the page.

As I would expect the Default setting would be to Allow all sites................' I am not too hopeful but you never know. If nothing else we might just prompt the experts on this site to come to your aid and make next years dancing around the xmas tree Radio controlled.

ps. as for capitla letters popping up  I can only add - I have the same problems because I keep cathing the Caps Lock key when typing the letter 'A'.!

Edited by Eggy1948

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now