Sting -When The Last Ship Sails

Maggie/915

• 1 month later...

Whey yi bugga man!

Wheor thi hell hev aa been aal this time?

Aa just catch'd up noo on this bliddy gud crack....nae impitince ti nae bugga,nae sarkyniss,just gud aad-fashind crack!

A divven't knaa wheor ti start.....

Forst off,when me yung sun wis aanly a bairn,Sting's bottle waas in thi charts...an' aa cudn't stand it!!

Yeors later,a liked his "Fields o' Goeld".

Noo! When wor lass caaled me in and cut me chynes from thi kitchin sink,as a waas just finishin' weshin' thi dishis,ti waatch the last ship sails,a might as weel tell yi's aal that aa waas rivvetted ti thi box,welded ti me seat,and thi time just sailed through in a flash!

Best thing aav seen for a lang time,and that much impressed that a saved it on me laptop,an' waatch it owa and owa at least once a week!

Noo hoo di a agree wi?!!!

Whey,a think it's reet wi aal beg ti differ,cos nea buggaa's qualified ti ti decide hoo anybody else shud speak!.......BUT!.......

Wor Jackie Charlton bugged me donkey's,an' a mean alot o' donkey's yeors ago,when he still "Pleyed well",and follaad on by sayin'..."it was a gud goel"!.....THAT waas thi start of my porsinal irritations wi Geordies,Northumbrians,whaativvor!

Then me two Sons went doon ti London ti worrk,me aadist has been doon theor 30 yeors,and me yungist one cyem bak yem.

Thi both acquired accents,through pitman's Son's browtins-ups,ti hae common-sense and decency,and respect for thi poor buggaa's tryin'ti unnastand thim.

Imagine thim in an intavue,taakin' like at yem.....or like wor Daz,negotiating a recording contract wi a French or Portugese

Artist,like does a lot  iv thi time.....he'd be a  dole-hand nae botha!

WE are the ONLY folk who change wor dialect for thi benefit of others,so they can understand what we are saying,no other

breed of people in the UK does that!!

A Cockney speaks Cockney! Welsh people speak English as they do,and very pleasant,with a singing lilt ..which I love to hear...same with the Scottish people.

But you try and understand every single word without question,that a broad Glaswegian speaks,and you will be unique!!

Ner,it's ownly us daft buggaas who change wor twang,an' it's got nowt ti dae wi trying ti be posh,wi me at least,it's just plain bliddy common-sense and decency!!

Sym,when a started working oot thi pits,mekkin' fornitcha,a was worrkin' wi lads from aal aroond thi place,in a factory at Rothbury.

Thi forst day,a yung lad ,aboot 18 ya aad,sed ti me,Bill,are yi from Bedltn?

Who di ye knaa ?.....[a axed him].........

"Cos ye rrrroll ya rrrr's" ,was his reply,then a noticed thi Blyth lads,thi Pegswood lads,thi Station lads,aal taaked a bit diffrrint.......proppa-like.....but diffrint!!

Wi cud gaan on aal neet taakin' aboot this an' get naewhere!,but it's LBJ waakies -time,then bak ti waatch..........

WHEN THE LAST SHIP SAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing a think Sting did wrang,was ti tek it ti America,cos even doon sooth,not a lot of people will get the quick-fire gags aboot thi shipyards,"Welding him ti thi deck.."etc

Ye knaa,wen aa taak posh ti mek mesel' unnastud,a ownly gaa as far as ti say things who they soond....such as...."Aav godda "PAIUN"..[Pain],in me "SHOWLDA",[Shoulder],Docta,[Doctor],an' it's "Warse"..[Worse],when "A".. "PLAAYUH"..[PLAY]

"ME" [My] "GITAR"....!....[not "PLEY"....OR "PEYN".....nowt wrang wi that,aa just divvent taak like that!!]

Noo,a divvent say me "Bottom",or me "A....e"..,a politeley refer to me posterior,as me "Backside"...!....see?...it's aal doon ti

wa electicution wen wi war graan up!

Howw!!,she's bitin' me leg!!

Keep this one gaanin,aav thoroughly enjoyed being educashind by aal thi intallecshualls on here.....a refreshin' change frae pitwark!!

Edited by HIGH PIT WILMA
Letter insertion
  • Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now