Market Tavern Clamping Scandal

I hear that Perry bloke who does the clamping behind the market tavern is to be in the paper soon. Apparently he clamped a car outside Barkley's Bank (The car of an old woman) when it is not in his position to do so.

Public roads are for traffic wardens to sort out - and they would only issue a ticket, not clamp.

Anyway - the worst of it is, he marched the old lady into Barkley's to withdraw the money to release the clamp there and then. If anyone was in the bank then when it happened, you will know that the bank staff were less than happy about it.

He also clamped a lasses car behind the tavern - who was actually in the pub at the time?

Anyway - look out for it in the paper folks!

PS - how do you all like my use of PROPER ENGLISH! Look! I can do it too!

I here that Perry bloke who does the clamping behind the market tavern is to be in the paper soon. Apparently he clamped a car outside Barkley's Bank (The car of an old woman) when it is not in his position to do so.

Public roads are for traffic wardens to sort out - and they would only issue a ticket, not clamp.

Anyway - the worst of it is, he marched the old lady into Barkley's to withdraw the money to release the clamp there and then. If anyone was in the bank then when it happened, you will know that the bank staff were less than happy about it.

He also clamped a lasses car behind the tavern - who was actually in the pub at the time?

well its much easier on the eye... and by the sounds of it thats a job for the A team ... however if your stories true get a mob going as B.A. dont like flying....

I here that Perry bloke who does the clamping behind the market tavern is to be in the paper soon. Apparently he clamped a car outside Barkley's Bank (The car of an old woman) when it is not in his position to do so.

If 100% true, the law should be involved & they can leave the coffee room, stretch their legs & walk

over to the Tavern / Sun / Blue Bell to sort this fella out.....Call for GMTV's crime fighting double act

stapletonST271105_118x170.jpg

plenty of income with the wheel clamping scandal i mean business!!!!!

sorry to disappoint you yet again but what part of THE MARKET TAVERN AND ALL THE OTHER BUSINESS'S RECEIVE A FIXED AMOUNT EACH MONTH WHICH IS LESS THAN A 100 QUID.ALL THE MONEY THAT DEREK MAKES FROM CLAMPING IS HIS OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to disappoint you yet again but what part of THE MARKET TAVERN AND ALL THE OTHER BUSINESS'S RECEIVE A FIXED AMOUNT EACH MONTH WHICH IS LESS THAN A 100 QUID.ALL THE MONEY THAT DEREK MAKES FROM CLAMPING IS HIS OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Derek is it now! :P

Do you always tell the truth?

First you don't make anything out of it then its's £125 now it's less than £100??????

Then you are at the pub all the time even when you are not working because it is such a "crackin" place to be ,then you tell us that you are only there part time.

Well folks it's make your mind up time. Is she or isn't she?

An by the way ALL the other business's include Yourself, The Sun Inn,Blue Bell errrrrrr that's it.Says a lot about the pub business in Good Old Bedlington Town

not to be funny or anything, but don't you think it's wrong that the clampping happens barlass? i mean you make money out of it regradless of how much you profit from it. the people who you clamp could be potential customers! they may park there walk around the front and see what you are advertising and come back in in the future if they don't park there they will cut through sommerfields do their shopping and never see it!

i think that while you are getting a profit from this (again nobody care how much profit you get some!) other pubs will be doing better will they not? e.g. red lion, the wharton, the grapes market club etc....

i wouldnt drink there no just because of what happened to that elderly lady. just on prinicple. it's not very community spirited of the pubs is it?

not to be funny or anything, but don't you think it's wrong that the clampping happens barlass? i mean you make money out of it regradless of how much you profit from it. the people who you clamp could be potential customers! they may park there walk around the front and see what you are advertising and come back in in the future if they don't park there they will cut through sommerfields do their shopping and never see it!

i think that while you are getting a profit from this (again nobody care how much profit you get some!) other pubs will be doing better will they not? e.g. red lion, the wharton, the grapes market club etc....

i wouldnt drink there no just because of what happened to that elderly lady. just on prinicple. it's not very community spirited of the pubs is it?

well said i wont be going there again or to any pub that is so thoughtless as to clamp people for using there car park. in the future i'll use the double yellow lines supplied by the council. there much cheaper!!!!!

is it smell like !*!@# and have dirty curtains and drink is like a pissy water and taste like !*!@#?

we have new curtains and the place has actually just been refurbished :D

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Derek is it now! :P

Do you always tell the truth?

First you don't make anything out of it then its's £125 now it's less than £100??????

Then you are at the pub all the time even when you are not working because it is such a "crackin" place to be ,then you tell us that you are only there part time.

Well folks it's make your mind up time. Is she or isn't she?

An by the way ALL the other business's include Yourself, The Sun Inn,Blue Bell errrrrrr that's it.Says a lot about the pub business in Good Old Bedlington Town

Yeah because its nobodys business how much the pub gets as an allowance for letting a-covert manage our car park. I truly do believe that the clamping is right as its a private property which is to be used by customers only.like i said in the first place the reason they started was because they couldn't get the draught lorry into car park because there was a woman parked in teh way of the cellar doors. She was asked to move and just smirked and said i can park where i want and walked away, now why should they put up with that kind of attitude from somebody when they were asked politely to move???

Its exactly the same as a stranger parking in your driveway and you ask them to move and they say tough im stayin here for as long as i like.

Obviously there is a little bit of give and take with clamping people but at the end of the day when your on private property its up to the companies discression as to how they deal with it.

I did the decent thing in the first place by warning you all in the first place and now everybody has a go at me because I was trying to be nice before anybody ended up not knowing and paying £125 for being clamped

we have new curtains and the place has actually just been refurbished :D

Yeah because its nobodys business how much the pub gets as an allowance for letting a-covert manage our car park. I truly do believe that the clamping is right as its a private property which is to be used by customers only.like i said in the first place the reason they started was because they couldn't get the draught lorry into car park because there was a woman parked in teh way of the cellar doors. She was asked to move and just smirked and said i can park where i want and walked away, now why should they put up with that kind of attitude from somebody when they were asked politely to move???

Its exactly the same as a stranger parking in your driveway and you ask them to move and they say tough im stayin here for as long as i like.

Obviously there is a little bit of give and take with clamping people but at the end of the day when your on private property its up to the companies discression as to how they deal with it.

I did the decent thing in the first place by warning you all in the first place and now everybody has a go at me because I was trying to be nice before anybody ended up not knowing and paying £125 for being clamped

Why not build a fence . Im trying to visualise it now as i dont live in bedlington but i think if there was a fenced off part no one would park there. I dont know why they would anyway as theres a bloody great car park 30 metres away. And further up the way theres one opposite the library ..

Guest missvic

maybe you could buy your own clamp and only clamp the folk who park outside the cellar door and disrupt the deliveries? only clamp the bad guys and no evil perry involvement, perhaps even give the money to charity? maybe that would cheers some of these folk up?

Guest stinky skidmark

nobody should go to the market tavern until they remove the clamping thing i think it is bloody disgusting how he gets away with it.

it was much better when geordie used to run the place it was a good place to drink and meet people but now its just been turned it to a proper hole. :angry:

Guest stinky skidmark

this BarLassofBedlington likes to talk a lot of bol**cks coz the tavern has never been updated all thats been done is the poolboard has been moved across the room and tables put in its place it still stinks and my mate said he went for some food but wished he didnt coz he had the sh*ts all day it is a rotten place to be stay well clear!

this BarLassofBedlington likes to talk a lot of bol**cks coz the tavern has never been updated all thats been done is the poolboard has been moved across the room and tables put in its place it still stinks and my mate said he went for some food but wished he didnt coz he had the sh*ts all day it is a rotten place to be stay well clear!

I doubt how valid your comments are. I've heard the bloke who runs the Tavern keeps a tight ship & one of my mates drinks in there regularly (who is a fussy fecker with beer :rolleyes: ) so it must be relatively clean, etc. Anyone recall the Sun Inn when Christine ran it.......that was an unclean pub!! Very clean now ;)