Strange Photo

keith lockey

I think Foxy put this one on site but what is on this woman's shoulder? (Red circle - bottom photo)

A video recorder? But it's just resting there, she isn't holding it, unless she has an extension. It just looks strange.

post-2953-0-24483200-1386520558_thumb.jp

post-2953-0-42260800-1386520564_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

I think Foxy put this one on site but what is on this woman's shoulder? (Red circle - bottom photo)

A video recorder? But it's just resting there, she isn't holding it, unless she has an extension. It just looks strange.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Well Keith if its quiz time, here's a photo taken within seconds of the others. Can anybody name the people in the front row? I need all the names and not odd ones here and there, come in Threegee?? 

Edited by foxy

Well Keith if its quiz time, here's a photo taken within seconds of the others. Can anybody name the people in the front row? I need all the names and not odd ones here and there, come in Threegee?? 

Maggie is right, up front there is ex deputy Labour leader Roy Hattersley. With him is presumably his wife (Edith aka Molly) who he divorced this April shortly before he remarried.  So yes, he's still going strong at 81!

Roy-Hattersley-spitting-image-1828009.pn

A couple of trade unionists I half-recognise, particularly the old short guy in the black jacket and glasses on camera left. Going to need to research those - you know how well I relate to trade unionists! ;)

A couple of trade unionists I half-recognise, particularly the old short guy in the black jacket and glasses on camera left. Going to need to research those - you know how well I relate to trade unionists! ;)

One Has to be Dennis Murphy, The Uncle not the Ex MP. Don't know who though as I have never seen him/photo before.

Threegee

I took these pictures myself in 1986.

Great stuff! :D  Well everyone has the year of the shiny new tarmac wrong then, I will put a note on the ones in the gallery.  Your 1987 one looks like the tarmac has had a year's run-in then, so it's all consistent.  There's that lass with the massive box brownie on her right shoulder again too! ;)  Gave up filming picnics myself round about 1958, that colour film is still around here somewhere and has never had a public show.  Hope to locate it real soon!

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Keith - happy Birthday.

Most 1980's camcorders rested on the shoulder and had a hand grip to support - see those in the picture, but can't find one to match the one you spotted.

post-3031-0-84452800-1386672461_thumb.pn

Keith - happy Birthday.

Most 1980's camcorders rested on the shoulder and had a hand grip to support - see those in the picture, but can't find one to match the one you spotted.

attachicon.gifCamcorders1980.png

That's the type I was thinking of, Eggy, but look at her arm - it's hanging straight down. if she was holding a cam-corder her arm and shoulder would be raised a little. Try it and see what I mean.

That's the type I was thinking of, Eggy, but look at her arm - it's hanging straight down. if she was holding a cam-corder her arm and shoulder would be raised a little. Try it and see what I mean.

Yep, your right with the arm. She must have velcro stitched on her lug.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now