Bernicia

I'd just like to take time out to thank two people at Bernicia Housing for helping me with a problem today. I bled my bathroom radiator this morning and inadvertently dropped the water pressure down in my Potterton combi - thus I had no central heating or hot water. I phoned the problem in and within two hours someone was on the phone talking me through putting the pressure back. So thank you Meggie and Billy; if it wasn't for your kindness I could have been sitting round a candle tonight with a hot water bottle clutched to my freezing frame. I liked the way they handled the situation and really appreciate it.

What's that you say, sonny, me an old man!!!

attachicon.gifCarl-Fredricksen-up-disney.jpg

No man, COLD man.

Keith -  have you seen the Potterton operating manual(s) PDF's to download?

One links is :-  www.potterton.co.uk/docs/Pot_gold_HE_A_userp.pdf‎

•  
  •  

No man, COLD man.

Keith -  have you seen the Potterton operating manual(s) PDF's to download?

One links is :-  www.potterton.co.uk/docs/Pot_gold_HE_A_userp.pdf‎

•  
  •  

I've actually got the operating manual somewhere but I couldn't find it. It was rather funny because he was talking me through the procedure on the phone and I was reminded of a WWII bomb disposal operative when he told me which of the five valves to turn. But it's sorted now. (Hopefully!)

I have had Saunier Duvals' which needed re-pressurising all the time!  The Potterton I have now is better but I have changed radiators and had a leak so have had to re-pressurise the system once or twice.   

When I had the old system i never had any problem with pressure. I would often have to bleed one particular radiator but it never interrupted the central heating system. This one shut down after I bled the bathroom radiator. Surely that shouldn't happen!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now