Sign in to follow this  
keith lockey

Bernicia

I'd just like to take time out to thank two people at Bernicia Housing for helping me with a problem today. I bled my bathroom radiator this morning and inadvertently dropped the water pressure down in my Potterton combi - thus I had no central heating or hot water. I phoned the problem in and within two hours someone was on the phone talking me through putting the pressure back. So thank you Meggie and Billy; if it wasn't for your kindness I could have been sitting round a candle tonight with a hot water bottle clutched to my freezing frame. I liked the way they handled the situation and really appreciate it.

What's that you say, sonny, me an old man!!!

attachicon.gifCarl-Fredricksen-up-disney.jpg

No man, COLD man.

Keith -  have you seen the Potterton operating manual(s) PDF's to download?

One links is :-  www.potterton.co.uk/docs/Pot_gold_HE_A_userp.pdf‎

•  
  •  

No man, COLD man.

Keith -  have you seen the Potterton operating manual(s) PDF's to download?

One links is :-  www.potterton.co.uk/docs/Pot_gold_HE_A_userp.pdf‎

•  
  •  

I've actually got the operating manual somewhere but I couldn't find it. It was rather funny because he was talking me through the procedure on the phone and I was reminded of a WWII bomb disposal operative when he told me which of the five valves to turn. But it's sorted now. (Hopefully!)

I have had Saunier Duvals' which needed re-pressurising all the time!  The Potterton I have now is better but I have changed radiators and had a leak so have had to re-pressurise the system once or twice.   

I have had Saunier Duvals' which needed re-pressurising all the time!  The Potterton I have now is better but I have changed radiators and had a leak so have had to re-pressurise the system once or twice.   

When I had the old system i never had any problem with pressure. I would often have to bleed one particular radiator but it never interrupted the central heating system. This one shut down after I bled the bathroom radiator. Surely that shouldn't happen!!

My question would be new central heating systems versus old.

The old systems seemed to go on forever the new only last for a max of ten years.

Get those old home fires burning.