Planning Meetings

Yes there is a meeting on the 10th December at 6.00pm at Bedlington Community Centre, it is the Bedlington In Bloom Committee and is open to anyone, feel free to come along if you want any Information on the Bedlington In Bloom committee feel free to Contact West Bedlington Town Council.

Details are here:

http://www.westbedlington.org.uk/?page_id=310

West Bedlington Greenbelt Consultation.

On the 10th 3pm till 6pm

Then the meeting 6.30 till 8.30 in the Bedlington Community Centre.

Maybe Bedlington In Bloom too!

The information comes from a paper supplied by the West Bedlington Council.

There is also a meeting on the 14th.

It seems there may be a name change to a Parish Council.

Would be interested if anyone has any thoughts on the lack of publicity.

Seems to me that the Greenbelt would be of interest to a lot of people in Hazelmere and Nedderton Village.

West Bedlington Greenbelt Consultation.

On the 10th 3pm till 6pm

Then the meeting 6.30 till 8.30 in the Bedlington Community Centre.

Maybe Bedlington In Bloom too!

The information comes from a paper supplied by the West Bedlington Council.

There is also a meeting on the 14th.

It seems there may be a name change to a Parish Council.

Would be interested if anyone has any thoughts on the lack of publicity.

Seems to me that the Greenbelt would be of interest to a lot of people in Hazelmere and Nedderton Village.

Sorry Maggie, It is the NCC Core strategy options consultation which looks at all sorts of different things, Greenbelt, Housing etc. and the next full West Bedlington Town council meeting is on the 12th December a few matters on the agenda, which will be uploaded on the council website and Facebook page.

Also about the Publicity we are sorry this is an issue we are looking to resolve ASAP.

On the 14th November 2013

Councillor S Tyler proposed that all committees should be abolished so that all decisions be made through the chair of the full council.

This councillor also proposed that West Bedlington Town Council name is changed to West Bedlington Parish Council.

I wonder if this would give us more say in what happens or less.

The next meeting of the council is Thursday 12th December 2013 at 6.30.

Councillor S Tyler proposed that all committees should be abolished so that all decisions be made through the chair of the full council.

This councillor also proposed that West Bedlington Town Council name is changed to West Bedlington Parish Council.

Just to let the public know who have never been to a full council meeting before, they can last 1-2 hours if the agenda is short and 3-4 if it is long depends what is on the agenda at the time and as well how many Councillors attend, under this proposal all business will go to full council meaning the agenda will be very long.

Democracy can be difficult, so many views, so many opinions and whoever makes a decision can end up feeling persecuted.

Strong leadership and the teaching of Machiavelli have appeared on tele this week.

Maybe Bedlington is not as bad as the Italian City States.

The status quo would still be maintained Maggie, either way.....

That's why its important to use things like those surveys we have just sent aorund, at least you get some input!  

Wish it was that simple.

Surveys can be manipulated for other information.

Sometimes they prove what others want to do anyway.

With a green development plan or green energy there are always going to be other issues.

Like I said, I admire you and Adam for trying to find the way forward.

I've only been to one meeting and the one point I took from it was councillors complaining about how long they were going to be there.

Don't envy anyone chairing it, but I won't be wasting anymore of my time attending again. Never been more frustrated after any meeting than I was that evening.

Edited by Neil

I've only been to one meeting and the one point I took from it was councillors complaining about how long they were going to be there.

Don't envy anyone chairing it, but I won't be wasting anymore of my time attending again. Never been more frustrated after any meeting than I was that evening.

Neil,

I'm interested in your point, was that the full Town Council meeting where we had planners in attendance or a NCC planning meeting?  

This is the information I have but I am not sure anyone will be interested!

NCC consultation on preferred options for housing,employment and greenbelt!

Drop in 3pm till 6pm Discussion 6.30 -8.30

Bedlington Community Centre.

This information is from an agenda for the 14th Nov 2013.

Maybe it has changed

Completely agree foxy, but unfortunately its the whingers that make their voice heard more than the people focussed on getting things done.  Whilst my comment above is negative, I also have to admit that I was very impressed with how professional some of the councillors came across.

I guess my frustration was borne from the open sessions being at the beginning of the meeting, and then not being able to say anything further on through the meeting when it was closed.  It was at the last WBTC meeting, and I also have to say that some of the public didn't do themselves any favour by persistently butting in when it was clear it wasn't an open forum.  Chairing a meeting is a very difficult job to do at the best of times, and often the measure of how good a meeting is, is a reflection of how good the chair is at keeping things on track and focussed.

Completely agree foxy, but unfortunately its the whingers that make their voice heard more than the people focussed on getting things done.  Whilst my comment above is negative, I also have to admit that I was very impressed with how professional some of the councillors came across.

I guess my frustration was borne from the open sessions being at the beginning of the meeting, and then not being able to say anything further on through the meeting when it was closed.  It was at the last WBTC meeting, and I also have to say that some of the public didn't do themselves any favour by persistently butting in when it was clear it wasn't an open forum.  Chairing a meeting is a very difficult job to do at the best of times, and often the measure of how good a meeting is, is a reflection of how good the chair is at keeping things on track and focussed.

I'm sorry you were not happy with conduct of the Meeting Neil. It is a difficult task chairing meetings as I chair the Services Committee but I am all for the public participating in the meeting as the public most of the time know more then the Councillors.

I take the example of the building to the rear of 21 front street east (old Blacksmiths) I did not know the history of the site and I only found out about it thanks to the public.

But I will make sure Councillors are aware of the public's want to participate in the meetings at the next meeting.

1,200 new homes in Bedlington under the Core Strategy, over the next 20 years.

Various locations in Bedlington

Green belt or no green belt seems to be a problem!

Land owners being creative suggesting odd pieces of land.

Transport, schools etc do not seem to be taken into account .

View the Northumberland Local Plan - Core Strategy.- Bedlington

Unfortunately The town Council were not able to attend the meeting because they had a Britain in Bloom prior engagement at the same venue!!

1,200 new homes in Bedlington under the Core Strategy, over the next 20 years.

Various locations in Bedlington

Green belt or no green belt seems to be a problem!

Land owners being creative suggesting odd pieces of land.

Transport, schools etc do not seem to be taken into account .

View the Northumberland Local Plan - Core Strategy.- Bedlington

Unfortunately The town Council were not able to attend the meeting because they had a Britain in Bloom prior engagement at the same venue!!

Darn now we don't know again whats going on, I should have attend to find out these facts.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now