Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm Robinson

Jordan's

nice..they don't make them like this anymore..reminds me of the early days when we were traveling Ireland in an old chineeze 6..mosley continental..now that was a bus and a half..

his son Billy let them go to wreck  and ruin

Sounds like he may have knocked the Luxury out of "Bedlington Luxury Coaches". :D

Maybe a history / engineering project.

A local school or college could 'do up' one of these buses.

Why use Red London buses for wedding parties when we could have our own Bedlington Luxury Dixon Jordan Coach.

Anyone know of an old Raisbeck bus!

Then there could be Orange coach tours.

It is nice to dream!

college could 'do up' one of these buses.

Don't let them near it have you seen the cars they have there :| , they were good when they went there now there wrecks.

And i should know I have been there for 4 years.

Heh heh!!Ilove an honest guy!Nice one Adam!

When I started down Choppington high pit,the lad who was in charge of me for my twenty days "close personal supervision",[which was the law],used ti drive for Dixon Jordan,part-time,and he picked me up at my door once or twice to go with him for a bit of company,usually when he was taking local schoolkids to Gateshead swimming baths,[the kids were under -14's so I was more of an adult.....at 16-17yrs old!!

I remember the coaches being really well kept,cleaned before every outing,and living up to the name of being  "luxury"coaches.

We as kids,used to laugh when we saw the Bedlington & District Luxury coaches,picking the miners up to take them to the various pits in the area..

Because pithead baths hadn't arrived,the miners travelled both on private[laid on],and public[united buses],with their dirty clothes on,after the end of their shift,and  this must have created havoc with the coach upholstery!

We used to compare the Bed. and Distr. "luxury" coaches with Jordan's coaches,every time one passed us!!

They were generally mucky,and,it seemed to us,badly looked after.[the B. and D.ones.. that is.....!]

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Hide Adverts

• Latest News

• A big-hearted donation by one of South East Northumberland’s largest employers has enabled local football club, Bedlington Terriers FC, to provide its players, staff and visitors with rapid emergency response should it ever be needed.
      Lynemouth Power Station has gifted the community club with a life-saving heart defibrillator which will now be installed at the Welfare Park ground. If deployed within three to five minutes of a cardiac arrest, such equipment could potentially increase the chances of someone surviving a heart attack from six to 74 per cent. Each minute without CPR and defibrillation also reduces a patient’s survival rate by between seven and ten per cent.*
      The Northern League Division Two club is home to seven teams and over 80 footballers from senior players to an under 6 ‘tots’ team. Along with daily training sessions and match attendances, the club sees hundreds of people visiting the ground on a weekly basis therefore the defibrillator has been very well received by all.
      Rowan Edwards, Commercial Director of Bedlington Terriers FC, commented, “This is a vital piece of first aid equipment and we are extremely grateful to Lynemouth Power Station for their kind donation. Given the number of on-site staff, players training each week and visitors to the ground, it is essential that our trained staff have instant access to life-saving equipment in case of emergencies. It will mean a lot to everyone here at the club as well as the local community, so we’re very grateful for the power station’s support.”
      Janet Mole from Lynemouth Power Station added, “Having these devices installed in popular public places and venues is so important, so rather than just donate to the fundraising effort, we decided to purchase the equipment outright on behalf of the club. As a local employer, it is important that community initiatives like this are well supported so we’re delighted to hand over the defibrillator to all at the club.”

• Latest Topics