Jordan's

nice..they don't make them like this anymore..reminds me of the early days when we were traveling Ireland in an old chineeze 6..mosley continental..now that was a bus and a half..

his son Billy let them go to wreck  and ruin

Sounds like he may have knocked the Luxury out of "Bedlington Luxury Coaches". :D

Maybe a history / engineering project.

A local school or college could 'do up' one of these buses.

Why use Red London buses for wedding parties when we could have our own Bedlington Luxury Dixon Jordan Coach.

Anyone know of an old Raisbeck bus!

Then there could be Orange coach tours.

It is nice to dream!

• 3 weeks later...

When I started down Choppington high pit,the lad who was in charge of me for my twenty days "close personal supervision",[which was the law],used ti drive for Dixon Jordan,part-time,and he picked me up at my door once or twice to go with him for a bit of company,usually when he was taking local schoolkids to Gateshead swimming baths,[the kids were under -14's so I was more of an adult.....at 16-17yrs old!!

I remember the coaches being really well kept,cleaned before every outing,and living up to the name of being  "luxury"coaches.

We as kids,used to laugh when we saw the Bedlington & District Luxury coaches,picking the miners up to take them to the various pits in the area..

Because pithead baths hadn't arrived,the miners travelled both on private[laid on],and public[united buses],with their dirty clothes on,after the end of their shift,and  this must have created havoc with the coach upholstery!

We used to compare the Bed. and Distr. "luxury" coaches with Jordan's coaches,every time one passed us!!

They were generally mucky,and,it seemed to us,badly looked after.[the B. and D.ones.. that is.....!]

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now