Barrington Road Pub?

Well, my dad mentioned it first - that pub thats opened halfway along the Barrington Road.

"Thas a new pub opend alang the Barrington Road - Al he ti cal in sumtime"

I didnt believe him at first... but then i saw it for myself.

How bizzare.

Well, my dad mentioned it first - that pub thats opened halfway along the Barrington Road.

"Thas a new pub opend alang the Barrington Road - Al he ti cal in sumtime"

I didnt believe him at first... but then i saw it for myself.

How bizzare.

The Literati have finally arrived, hurray! not the clients Fuggles are looking for perhaps, and possibly too late to taste 'Ruperts Balls. :D

Guest missvic

The pub is formally that which resided at the Earth Balance site at Stakeford. They brew a canny pint (so I'm told), sell a cheap vodka and orange and have live music too!

Sounds too good to be true?

Of course it is... the live 'music' is of the emo/metal variety and this (along with the cheap booze) reflects on the clientelle who frequent - boys in make-up, girls in tears, average age 18.

In my day we had sit round a set of tinny walkman speakers on the 20 acres, listening to Neds Atomic Dustbin, drinking cheap Thunderbird. The youth of today drink gin out of teacups in waiting to get on stage with their Gibson Telecasters. Hmmm. It's not rock and roll.

Am I bitter about getting old and past it? Of course I am!

So its like everywhere else in Bedlington then.

Actually, an avarage age of 18 is quite old compared to most people you meet drinking around here.

I was up the top end once (mind, i avoid that place like the plauge now) - and i was gobsmacked to find a 14 year old girl in the toilets of the Market Tavern - shrieking in delight at her school mates who were equally happy for her because she 'got serverd' at the bar.

Its a shame really.

Although most of them do end up at the Red Lion / Movies now, which i have named the 'Soft play' areas.

So its like everywhere else in Bedlington then.

Actually, an avarage age of 18 is quite old compared to most people you meet drinking around here.

I was up the top end once (mind, i avoid that place like the plauge now) - and i was gobsmacked to find a 14 year old girl in the toilets of the Market Tavern - shrieking in delight at her school mates who were equally happy for her because she 'got serverd' at the bar.

Its a shame really.

Although most of them do end up at the Red Lion / Movies now, which i have named the 'Soft play' areas.

when were you last in the market tavern? miss vic will stick up for me here coz its really a nice place now. we have no under 18's in unless accompanied by adults. we have karaoke night on a thursday, live acoustic music on a friday and live rock on saturdays. Its a cracking place to drink now, im always there.even when im not working :)

when were you last in the market tavern? miss vic will stick up for me here coz its really a nice place now. we have no under 18's in unless accompanied by adults. we have karaoke night on a thursday, live acoustic music on a friday and live rock on saturdays. Its a cracking place to drink now, im always there.even when im not working :)

Yeah, it was a while back - before it got done out and everything.

Live rock on saturdays? I never knew - is it busy?

Bar fly and Get a life spring to mind!!!!!

sounds like my kinda place!! but every time ive passed its closed....does anyone know the opening times??

sounds like my kinda place!! but every time ive passed its closed....does anyone know the opening times??

opening times are 12-12 monday to saturday and sundays 12-10.30.

we normally busy on a friday and saturday, we have bands on and they start between 9pm and 9.30pm and finish roughly about 11.30pm.

opening times are 12-12 monday to saturday and sundays 12-10.30.

we normally busy on a friday and saturday, we have bands on and they start between 9pm and 9.30pm and finish roughly about 11.30pm.

Think he was talking about Fuggles not the market !*!@# hole! although that is full of wierdo's too!

• 2 weeks later...
The pub is formally that which resided at the Earth Balance site at Stakeford. They brew a canny pint (so I'm told), sell a cheap vodka and orange and have live music too!

Sounds too good to be true?

Of course it is... the live 'music' is of the emo/metal variety and this (along with the cheap booze) reflects on the clientelle who frequent - boys in make-up, girls in tears, average age 18.

In my day we had sit round a set of tinny walkman speakers on the 20 acres, listening to Neds Atomic Dustbin, drinking cheap Thunderbird. The youth of today drink gin out of teacups in waiting to get on stage with their Gibson Telecasters. Hmmm. It's not rock and roll.

Am I bitter about getting old and past it? Of course I am!

You mean the noisy !*!@# churned out by blokes who wear black nail varnish twisting on about how life is !*!@#?