Sunshine On Leith

Look up the Happy Cats Travelling Sessions at Charlton's Cambois.

Research has them with such a loyal following that people get a bus from Bedlington to see them. They are so good people dance on tables.

One of my favourite tracks of all time is Heart of Saturday Night Tom Waits. It seems that is one of the songs they sing!

Must get to see them.

They have played Sour Grapes in Morpeth.

Amazing I have only just heard about them.

Obviously mixing with the wrong sort!

Look up the Happy Cats Travelling Sessions at Charlton's Cambois.

Research has them with such a loyal following that people get a bus from Bedlington to see them. They are so good people dance on tables.

One of my favourite tracks of all time is Heart of Saturday Night Tom Waits. It seems that is one of the songs they sing!

Must get to see them.

They have played Sour Grapes in Morpeth.

Amazing I have only just heard about them.

Obviously mixing with the wrong sort!

wow..the happy cats..went off to utube.checked them out..found Maggie 42446 channel/geordies and been up all bloody night..lol.enjoyed mac in tuam..great little town..home of the saw doctors. we lived there back in 91 and hung out with the lads and fond memories of daveys father..aka papa sawdoctor..lol..good time in that town..next thing I am playing luckiest boy..bad back is forgotten about and I jamming with the banjolele..7am..guess I will pay for it later..don't think the wife is too happy..lol..thanks for the heads up..keep rockin Maggie..jj

We have been to Kelvingrove and Edinburgh today. All feature in the film.

When I go to buy a Proclaimers cd I may have to ask for a plain brown paper bag.

Seem to remember making fun of one of my kids who bought their record.

Really Maggie you should travel 500 miles, or more, to but their CD.

Just took Wonky's advice and listened to a few youtube clips and I do enjoy large bands, of any type. Often wondered how Charltons managed to make any money, always been empty when I have been in, during the day. Although I am not a massive folk music groupie I could see Charltons atracting a crowd for this lot (I could see at least 9 of them).

More housing, a swinging pub and a quiet beach. If only they had a Cambois Terrie they could sell the place!

Here's the thing Eggy.

Dylan went electric and people complained.

Music is subjective but sometimes the LP /Cd you don't much rate turns out to be your all time favourite.

Keeping an open mind, we feel music is a great educator and we subject our kids and now Grandkids to music we enjoy.

Amazing how they now turn the tables.

The music scene in Ireland is brilliant wonky, you are lucky to be part of it.

Listening to Synergy we often felt someone had raided our music collection!

Here's the thing Eggy.

Music is subjective but sometimes the LP /Cd you don't much rate turns out to be your all time favourite.

Keeping an open mind, we feel music is a great educator and we subject our kids and now Grandkids to music we enjoy.

The music scene in Ireland is brilliant wonky, you are lucky to be part of it.

Maggie, please excuse my humour but it's too late to change now :- They are best known for the song "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)".

Here's the thing Eggy.

The music scene in Ireland is brilliant wonky, you are lucky to be part of it...I am fortunate and thankfull. one of the welders at work is a brother of the much revered banjo player (Charlie Piggott) a reall musical family. we have a fitter called ukulele tom and another called dave who has the u tube hit irish drinking bankers under his belt. most of my close palls and the wife are all musicians and when the weather is fine and bonfires burning on the beach the craic is mighty to be sure ,to be sure..just for you I will play Maggie for you on the piano some time and upload it..my treat..lol

Thanks Wonky.

Your life sounds good.

We are not musical but love to listen to live music of any sort.

A friend loves the violinist Joshua Bell. She is in stage 4 cancer and close to death but still made it up to the proms to see him.

Music is that important to some people.

Thanks Wonky.

Your life sounds good.

We are not musical but love to listen to live music of any sort.

A friend loves the violinist Joshua Bell. She is in stage 4 cancer and close to death but still made it up to the proms to see him.

Music is that important to some people.

.the great manc comic mike harding ( malcom robinson lookalike) once said.." if music be the food of love,why don't rabbits play banjos ?" never forget that comment and i learnt to understand it fully.lol

the one thing I discovered with the ability to play an instrument is you will never be lonely and if you feel lonely you can use A minor and E minor. really that simple..it is certainly a gift to some people but most people over here can just get by with an old washboard or pair of spoons..lol

Taking part has now become fashionable.

Dance, music etc are no longer seen as just for a minority.

Break dancing, hip hop are popular with the young and maybe will/can stop excessive use of computer games.

The community gains where people communicate on any level.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now