Unveiling!

Nev er been a dog person. But always been a Bedlington person. Think it's, simple, 'shareable', in the right place, brilliant. Terriers rule, Ok.

Canny Lass so ticipated she may come home.

Malcolm - Is it felt-tip pen friendly, easy to clean?

I thought he was going to unveil a wench...not a bench!!!

Still it's nice to see a seat in Bedlington with a Bedlington Terrier design on the ends. If it had been Cowpen they could have been cows; if it had been Lizard Point they could have been lizards; and if it had been Cockermouth...hold on there's someone at the door.

well I for one am delighted..it looks really well and that's coming from a fellow bench artist..i think the whippets on the side should have been replaced by a dog that looks like a bedlington terrier though for more authenticity.lol. the one person that was unsure what he thought was probably my uncle jim on his way to wetherspoons and you should have caught him on the way back. when I return I would like to park myself on one for a while with a nice coffee and a greggs pastie or two and soak it all up..fair play to the designer and lets hope this is a project that gets rolled out through the woodland walks too...bolt them down well..scrap metal is worth a fortune at the moment and there are sure to be those that want them for the garden..good luck.

Great pictures! I haven't visited for quite a long time and also like the look of the place. Are any members of this forum in the pictures?

Funny how you look at the smallest of details like the buildings, traffic, shop windows, clothes etc. The oddest details tell quite a story of the daily life around town, like the ongoing construction at the garage!

The earlier idea of a web cam is a great idea! are there any local businesses such as electronic / computer in the area interested in providing some coverage?

The image of the Bedlington Terrier should be used a lot more.

Malcolm - I cant find the entry that explains why this seat has been commissioned etc. I sent a picture to informed a number of ex Bedlington patriots and a number came back with the question - 'Why?'. Would you update me please. Thank you.

Eggy,

Again this is pre-empting the next stage a little but…………..

It wasn't commissioned, its an original concept and that's why I need public support so we can 'influence' the powers that be that is should be the adopted Bedlington seat design! I did have to go before a panel to win the development funding but that was months ago.

The seat is a Development Trust project and I take full responsibility. One of the things a Development Trust should be doing is promoting the area where it operates and we have been doing that for some

. The fact that we already have an international brand is something that cannot be ignored rather it should be used to its fullest extent to gain maximum community benefit.

These sorts of trusts normally take over existing buildings or service deliveries but that wasn't possible in Bedlington. (And I don't really want to go into the reasons!) Hardly any go into a direct manufacturing project, one local exception being Lynemouth Trust and their Ken Speckle chocolate production.

This project will, I have no doubt, result in significant publicity for Bedlington, imprint Bedlington as an innovative centre in terms of Development Trust activity, create a bespoke seat design for the town and show that with a little bit of business acumen, common sense, determination and a fair wind we can create something out of almost nothing.

It's not a full explanation Eggy but I hope you get the drift.

Malcolm,

An excellent idea, congratulations on your achievement. Not many small towns can boast a ready-made 'brand' image such as this, and it really should be used on a wider scale. Nice to see Janice getting her mug in there!

Well said, Malcolm, and best of luck with the Development Trust and the seat concept. I just wished said Trust had tried to do something about the BEDLINGTON TERRIER PUB. (If the trust was up and running then) The only pub named after the famous / infamous dog and it was bulldozed down. Absolutely disgraceful.

post-2953-0-29365800-1381134569_thumb.jppost-2953-0-71243900-1381134590_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

Eggy,

Again this is pre-empting the next stage a little but…………..

It wasn't commissioned, its an original concept and that's why I need public support so we can 'influence' the powers that be that is should be the adopted Bedlington seat design! I did have to go before a panel to win the development funding but that was months ago.

The seat is a Development Trust project and I take full responsibility. One of the things a Development Trust should be doing is promoting the area where it operates and we have been doing that for some

. The fact that we already have an international brand is something that cannot be ignored rather it should be used to its fullest extent to gain maximum community benefit.

These sorts of trusts normally take over existing buildings or service deliveries but that wasn't possible in Bedlington. (And I don't really want to go into the reasons!) Hardly any go into a direct manufacturing project, one local exception being Lynemouth Trust and their Ken Speckle chocolate production.

This project will, I have no doubt, result in significant publicity for Bedlington, imprint Bedlington as an innovative centre in terms of Development Trust activity, create a bespoke seat design for the town and show that with a little bit of business acumen, common sense, determination and a fair wind we can create something out of almost nothing.

It's not a full explanation Eggy but I hope you get the drift.

I do, thank you.

what if we built a massive one,bolted on some wheels,stuck the school choir on it and pushed them doon the bank top all singing,"this is the big bedlington seat and we`re all rolling along"..lol..that would surley grab the media atension the bench deserves.

A BEDLINGTON TERRIER bench seat hmmm

I for one like it, good idea. I do hope we get to see them in our town soon.

My apologies Mal for not making it on the day, I wish I could of / had a done but my HOLS was booked & U know my lass only to well lol no chance of cancelling them.

The idea mentioned about a web cam I think is also a good idea 😃👠those that R the powerful ones above should take note & listening to the people of Bedlington for a change. PLEASE can we have these seats & a Bed! Web Cam ðŸ™ðŸ˜

Well I may be there in March. May be able to do a "take away"

lol..if your going back in march try kings takeaway @ the station. they do a massive kebab with all the trimmings and chips for under a fiver I think. :whistle:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now