Ian Lavery And His 'non-Involvment' With Bedlington

willy j.

Why is it that every time I open the News Post Leader Ian Lavery appears on various pages with someone from Ashington. (Who has won a tiddleywink competition or something) Or something else to do with Ashington. I was always led to believe that the MP for Wansbeck should apply himself to the interests and concerns of ALL the people who elected him in the hope that he would represent them fairly. Maybe someone should tell him that there are people in a place called Bedlington who actually voted for him. As far as I can see we may as well have parachuted a monkey in from Hartlepool and voted for him (or her). Lavery has no interest in Bedlington whatsoever.

I was talking with Ian Lavery last Saturday (7th). He came to Burnside on what he calls a " street surgery". A leaflet was put through doors a couple of days before and if anyone wanted to talk to him they placed it in their window where it could be seen and he would stop for a chat. He spent a bit of time with me and he seemed to take on board what I had to say ( which is usually drivel ha ha ). What was noticeable was the lack of leaflets in the windows of those people who spend their time bemoaning the actions of our Parish Councillors, our County Councillors (who were all there as well ) and our MP. It seems that they are prepared to slag them off to other people and complain that they do nothing for us, yet they don't seem to want to vent their spleens in front of the people that matter , ie. Parish and County Councillor and the MP.

• 1 month later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now