Three Horse Shoes

Last time I went to the Three Horse Shoes was about 2008 and I was not impressed, so never been back until last night. Now I am impressed, it was quite busy even thought it was raining cats and dogs, nice friendly atmosphere, the staff could not have been more attentive, and the food was delicious. I will be going again.

• 2 weeks later...

As the drink driving laws curtailed our Friday night ventures to search out new pubs and ales we had to a) choose a pub and call it our Friday Night local B) sort out a rota for driving once every 4 weeks - pick-ups from Seghill, Cramlington & Bedlington and c) restrict the driver to the legal limit of that year. Since we started our Friday Night crawls back in the mid 80's we circumferenced the area - North A1 farthest reached would be the Oak Inn (NE61); South would be the Cumberland Arms (N6) for live music; West would be Ponteland, Matfen etc. and East would be all along the coast - Ellington to Tynemouth.

We chose the Three Horse Shoes as we found the ales the best, and still the best choice, in our opinion. Started going there when Sid, that owned The Sun Inn - Bedlington, was manager. After Sid the current owner Brian lost customers but then built up, what we would say, was an excellent place to eat and drink. The music & beer festivals; the kids play area and his latest addition since the no-smoking inside was introduced is his seated covered smoking area with large screen TV for the sports persons. He does not have SKY he has a satellite dish beaming in from Europe.

Check out his web site for events - http://www.threehorseshoes-horton.co.uk

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now