Hazlemere Estate What Was It Built On.as I Think My House Ghosts In As I Aee Orbs When Photos Are Tken.

Angela,

I believe it was a surface mine..

Spot on Merc,

These pics were taken from my mothers front garden at North Ridge, the opencast was finished and only the tidying up left to do.You'll notice bottom right on pic number three there is one of those vehicles that were used to go down the Furnace Bank mentioned on another thread here. :) Canny Lass may remember this place, its not too far from her childhood home.

Spot on Merc,

These pics were taken from my mothers front garden at North Ridge, the opencast was finished and only the tidying up left to do.You'll notice bottom right on pic number three there is one of those vehicles that were used to go down the Furnace Bank mentioned on another thread here. :) Canny Lass may remember this place, its not too far from her childhood home.

Thanks! For the record, my mother was the very first inhabitant of the estate, on Dunstanburgh Close.

:) Canny Lass may remember this place, its not too far from her childhood home.

Certainly do Foxy. The opencast was a field where we used to play that originally belonged to Fails Farm, if I'm not misstaken. It was between the colliery rows and what eventually became North Ridge. One of the things I remember about the opencast was a small red brick building, just up the road from Raisbeck's Garage, where they used to put new treads on enormous tyres. Possibly from the trucks on the site. The smell was horrible. Edited by Canny lass

There is a walkway alongside a little stream, that seems like an oasis away from the roads.

It is right next to the Hazelmere Estate and starts next to a bus stop.

Maybe that seems a little creepy Angela.

If there are ghosts or anything else I am sure it will be a force for good.

Pause for Star War thoughts!

The pathways to Choppington, Hepscott and then on to Morpeth are great.

If you have not explored, they are brilliant.

Not far away is Bothal and the Wandbeck.

Truly inspiring.

There is a walkway alongside a little stream, that seems like an oasis away from the roads.

It is right next to the Hazelmere Estate and starts next to a bus stop.

There is, locally known as 'the Burn'; walking my dog there a few years ago he was fifty yards ahead of me and stopped dead, alert; there was a cat on the path, a further hundred yards away, bigger than the dog (collie).

Crikey Keith thats a biggin, what do u feed it on, or should I not ask, I had heard of some missing bunnies.

• 7 years later...
1 hour ago, BigPat said:

Can't  see me ever been persuaded - convinced - given proof etc etc that anything that is called paranormal has got anything to do with so called spooks - ghosts = of or relating to the claimed occurrence of an event or perception without scientific explanation, as psychokinesis, extrasensory perception, or other purportedly supernatural phenomena.

Yes unusual thinks occur but that's normal ☺️  - especially when leaving any public house after a long session😱 

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now