Canon Camera

Brian Cross

I bought a new camera last weekend its a Canon EOS 700 D it came with a 18-135 mm lens and i already had a 75 - 300mm lens all i have to do is learn how to use it

• Like 1

There's always something satisfyingly tactile about a SLR body, something sadly missing from the plague of smartphones most folks use. The other advantage for people of a 'certain age' using an SLR is you can use the viewfinder without first having to don the specs; and the viewfinder is great in bright light when all you see in the view sceen is reflected glare. My only gripe about all these digital photos people take is they usually don't exist as hard copies and so are likely to be 'lost'. Good management seems to be the key ... regular review, back-up storage somewhere, and printing out the decent snaps for all to see.

I still love my old Canon A1, complete with motordrive and lense collection ... something reassuring about analogue technology. Mind I do have a Sony digital SLR but it isn't the same ... no smell of chemicals, glow of red light, the magic of the image firming-up on wet paper.

Just sold my Canon T50 + 2 lens + Centon modular flash gun + carrying case for £18.

It was either that or throw it in the bin as it was just filling a space in the extension we had built to house cupboards for items my wife no longer uses.

The young lady that called to buy it did not want the camera , lens & flash - just the carrying case for £18 because it was bigger, and cheaper, than the new ones she was after. I had to beg her to take the camera etc. and leave it at the camera club she was joining.

I bought them in 1988 to take pictures of Mikey, Goofey etc and I have just got my arm and leg back.

post-3031-0-27787500-1378235952_thumb.jp

My guess is you would have liked to keep the Camera Eggy.

Space permitting of course.

The Media Museum in Bradford has loads of old cameras.

It used to be the Museum of Photography.

When most people throw out these things you know they will be collectible.

I guess no one thought their old bottles would be collectible.

Spades out in 100 years.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

used to have a pentax me super, then Nikon 601's, then canon range, now using a canon eos digital (mainly cos I could use most of my old lenses!!!) digital is brilliant but it makes a lazy snapper!! but again you can catch the moment by getting one lucky shot in a 100 you take!! I put off going digital for a long time because the best quality you could get was half page magazine unless you spent £15000!!! Use a little polaroid now to carry as its shock proof and waterproof si ideal for kayaking and walking the dog

• Like 1

2013 - tried selling a Cannon T50, bought 1988 for approx £250, on ebay, no joy. Posted on local Gumtree, and eventually managed to get £15 for the carrying case! Had to persuade the buyer to take the camera etc.to the camera club she was a member of and ask if anyone wanted any of it. It was either that or the bin!

CANON T50.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed that!

I would've also paid for the post-carriage to have it join my arsenal of shooting stuff.

!'m still using my, T70, T90's, A1 & F1 New + Practica's

Digital Photography is like MP3's & Co - No Back Up & It's All Gone.....

35mm is 35mm.........

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

any recommendations?

when I went digital I got a canon 300d (many years ago)- as I had a proper canon that used them canisters of plastic stuff that you took to boots so you could see what ya had taken 2 weeks after the event --- had used the Nikon 601 but went canon as I had a load of lenses - but of course the sigma 70-200 doesn't work a lot of the time - the dreaded error 999999999 mss . any suggestions for a canon 300d lens in the higher focal lengths at a sensible price?? tamron perhaps?? I feel a trip to jessops calling!!

does anyone want a sigma 70-200 canon fit for nowt? would rather see it put to use also a 35mm canon body? again free.

On 04/09/2013 at 15:41, Brian Cross said:
On 02/09/2013 at 16:39, Brett said:

Do post some photos here when you have snapped something Brian.

Will do Brett

Bit slow Brett, they are from the Port Douglas area far nth Qld.

IMG_5558.JPG

IMG_5542.JPG

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now