Why Is Miliband So Unpopular? (Answers On An Egg?)

threegee

LONDON (Reuters) - Ed Miliband, the leader of the opposition Labour party and the frontrunner to succeed David Cameron as Britain's prime minister in 2015, saw his popularity rating fall to an all-time low on Thursday.

The survey, which said only 28 percent of those asked approved of his work, down 13 percentage points year-on-year, came a day after he was pelted with eggs in a London market....

87965f056b89496d6c774ce198e11fb0-0-600-300-3190579.jpg

Pity they didn't ask about Balls. Quite how the architect of the current economic disaster is being offered up as our next chancellor never ceases to amaze me. It's like proposing Harold Shipman for treasurer of an old peoples trust. At least Gordo did the decent thing and crawled off into well-deserved obscurity. Either Labour think their voters have extremely short memories or they have a very very low opinion of their intelligence.

...and Cameron is by far the most popular leader - god help us! Maybe we need a US-type presidential system where the leader of the opposition can become PM? What do you think?

Most folks make judgments about a person's worth based on superficial observations and what they may see in Milly is a big conk, a down-turned gob, crooked gnashers, unfeasibly lush locks, and an irritating adenoidal squawk. They can't wade past any of that to discover if he is anything other than a caricature. Steve Bell, the Guardian political cartoonist, has a brilliant take on Camaroonie ... he's rendered as a bright red condom, complete with the 'tit' on top. Oh, and always dressed in an Eton uniform.

Steve Bell has a website of his work and it's worth a visit for a laugh:

www.belltoons.co.uk/

I have always likened him to a Wallace & Gromit character.

What would the public do if a stunningly good looking creature (avoiding sexist calls) was put forward for leader of a party. Would politics go out of the window?

And no chance, your answers are not on me.

• 4 weeks later...

Ed Milliband has all the qualities that you don't want in a leader of this country. When I hear him speak I feel sick at the thought that, god forbid, he becomes the next Prime Minister of this country. He has no drive, he is an out and out weakling, he seems to be bereft of ideas of how we are going to get our country out of the mess it is in. He will not give us a refferendum on th EU, refuses to scale down the ridiculous ammount of money we (the taxpayer) give away every year in 'foreign aid'. When our armed forces are weakened year on year by manpowed cuts, all he seems to come up with is a stupid grin. He has never mentioned how he would solve the immigration crisis we now find ourselves in. Which is now having a serious impact on our schools, the NHS and the benefit's system, not to mention the economy in general. I have worked (now retired) 50 years for this country and have voted labour all my life, something I will never do again. I cannot vote for a party that is lead by 'COWARDS'. The Con-Lib weaklings are even worse, it makes you feel that our country is slipping away from us.

• Like 3

Do we get to march on Poland, Symptoms....oh sorry, we don't need to, most of them are already here.

Oh, and Adam, me! Prime Minister! What about His Highness With Special Benefits of Travelling abroad and Annoying Foreigners, I don't mind down-grading to Buck Palace from my semi! As long as I can turn all the lights off around Pall Mall so I can look at Uranus Horribilus.

Edited by keith lockey

KeithL wrote: "What about His Highness With Special Benefits of Travelling abroad and Annoying Foreigners, ..."

K - I don't think you have the appropriate qualifications for this roll as you are too decent a bloke. The current incumbent, Betty Windsor's second blood-sucking spawn, is already giving it a good go ... call girls smuggled in at night, rude to all those around him, horrible to the servants, trousering wads of cash when on so-called trade missions, swearing at the Peelers whose job it is to keep Betty safe.

KeithL wrote: "What about His Highness With Special Benefits of Travelling abroad and Annoying Foreigners, ..."

K - I don't think you have the appropriate qualifications for this roll as you are too decent a bloke. The current incumbent, Betty Windsor's second blood-sucking spawn, is already giving it a good go ... call girls smuggled in at night, rude to all those around him, horrible to the servants, trousering wads of cash when on so-called trade missions, swearing at the Peelers whose job it is to keep Betty safe.

Call girls....wads of cash....when do I start?

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now