250Ft Wind Turbine Next To Hazelmere Estate & Nedderton

Neil

The Town Council voted to object to the wind turbine at Burnt House Farm at last night's meeting. The vote was 4-2.

Main reason, visual impact.

I don't think the planning process did us, or in fact the applicant, any favours, because this only came through about 12 days ago. We had to call a special meeting to discuss it, given the level of concern it has evoked within the community, and I am not sure it gave the applicant enough time to put his case forward. Plus the lack of posted planning notices is worrying? Either way we have also submitted a letter of concern to the planners as to their conduct.

We also voted to object to the 33 proposed houses at Slaley Court, this time unanimously.

Main reason, over development.

• Like 1

No and I think most that were there were in fact supporters.

Well lets say the applicant was there sitting with a couple of supporters and he made a fair stab at getting his side of the argument across, that's why I said the whole planning process looks to have let both sides down.

We had to make a decision at that meeting, our objection or support had to be sent in today, so it had to be done on the information we had at hand at the time.

I think that's why it was a split decision.

More Turbine news.

The journal today page 10 says

Views divided on remote turbines.

These ones are said to be 74m or 243ft at High Thorneyburn Falstone, applicant farmer James Ions.

It is said they would be more than four times higher than the tallest turbine in the national park.

Controversy has emerged after it was revealed RWE npower renewables wants consent for four test masts in Kielder..

The community are being offered money said to be thousands of pounds for local projects.

Tammy Adams head of planning for the park authority says they look at tranquility,cultural heritage, landscape and biodiversity.

Wonder which of these could be used to assess likely impacts on the special qualities of our area.

There is a meeting at Hepscott in the Community Parish Hall at 7.30 on Friday.

Anyone interested in the wind turbines would be welcome it seems.

I guess the farmer and the planners could go along and tell us all why it has been so poorly advertised.

Not sure who will be there and maybe it is to late to object.

If you click through Brett's link there are interesting documents about the mining and aviation risks.

These are dated 18th July 2013!

First get the Planning application and then click on the 43 documents.

So many things to read you will need time and patience.

Fascinating about all the seams of coal we have under us.

I expect most ex miners already know about them all.

I would bet people on the site know more than the experts!

Maggs, the trouble is those with deep mining knowledge have either croked or are getting their OAP; shortly there'll be nobody left who knows how to sink a shaft, work a seam, wind a cage, or any of the hundreds of skills needed. 300 years worth of coal below and even if there was a concerted drive by the Government to support deep mining there'd be no expertise left to do it.

Not sure, that's the message I received from the head of Hepscott PC. I'm sure if there are things to be said then the meeting won't stop. The mail was sent out to people who put their names on the list after last weeks meeting so I guess this could be for people interested in helping with the action group

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow (Friday 6th Sept) is the final day for feedback on the proposed wind turbine on the approach from Nedderton into Bedlington.

Please refer back to the first post for details on how to object to (or support) the plan. Currently there have been over 150 responses on the planning portal, around 10 are in favour or neutral, the rest all object. Make your voice heard if you have an opinion.

Let us all know what happens Neil.

Scotland is to be renewable energy in total, it seems.

The truth about all these Turbines is out there somewhere.

When will the truth out and when will the views of the public be heard.

The government need to ask themselves why so many people are against this technology.

I wonder if they read the objections.

If they do not then they may become unelectable!

• 5 months later...

Just so everyone now knows (mainly those who don't get the News post leader) the application has now been withdrawn after an objection from the MOD.

That's an interesting development! The good old MOD stepping in, hey? Wonder what it meant to them?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now