250Ft Wind Turbine Next To Hazelmere Estate & Nedderton

Neil

That's an interesting development! The good old MOD stepping in, hey? Wonder what it meant to them?

Yeah, that struck me, too, Merc'! You would have thought the journalist who posted that would have been a mite curious as well. He / she let that one slip by.

AAHH, of course, how could we have not seen it sooner. The Lady of the North earthworks strongly resembles the face on Mars. It's obvious why the MOD are taking an interest. They are preparing Nedderton (& Bedlington) for the Martian invasion and don't want any wind turbines getting in the way of their jet fighters The scoundrel who designed Northumberlandia has set up a beacon, like the Nazca Lines, for the Martian Motherships to home in on. Fill the sandbags, Merc', barricade the streets; rally at the Red Lion and fill your souls with Dutch courage. The invasion is imminent.

post-2953-0-14640200-1392481815_thumb.jppost-2953-0-63443300-1392481819_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

The Blyth Valley resembles narrow sections of the River Volga where it passes through Nizhny Vovgorod - so the RAF use it for practice bombing runs.  Obviously, Ivan doesn't have any wind turbines as he relies on giant coal fired power stations for his lekky, so to make the practice runs accurate the RAF didn't want the veggie/sandal brigade sticking-up windmills. 

The MOD do a lot of flying around the Bedlington Area but it may also have affected the radar.

I'm not sure they do, Adam. Further North, yes. Besides, look across towards Ashington and there are  loads of windmills to be seen, all closer to the coast, where flying does take place. I'm curious as to what their objection was.

• 7 months later...

Just so everyone now knows (mainly those who don't get the News post leader) the application has now been withdrawn after an objection from the MOD.

No Objection Letter from the MOD uploaded on the County Council's planning page, so it is a mystery and I will not be surprised if the objection letter has been lost at county hall.

Any updates on the Nedderton wind turbines? I've just had two friends ask me if I knew why there was so many properties up for sale in Nedderton. When they drove through, Nedderton last week they reckon they saw around a dozen for sale notices and were wondering if they were all trying to get out before any further decisions on wind turbines are made.

Might have more to do with potential new houseing estates Eggy.  (AKA.. SLAH document)  

Thanks Malolm, So nothing new on the wind turbines then but I can't work out or find anything on SLAH. Is it  Sheltered Housing?

Sorry Eggy, with my mind a bit more concentrated….

SHLAA………. Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment.

Its not enforceable and it may never be used but its there.

Looking at the local Bedlington stuff I found 9 serious errors, quite a few absolutely stupid errors like designating an alleyway off Front Street as building land?  Some have already been developed others quite unsuitable.   

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=3458

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now