Bedlington Market

• 2 weeks later...

There would seem one small problem tomtom.............even though this was promised it isn't actually happened as yet??????????????

Plus one of the 'traders' spilt a can of paint on the stone flags last week!

The Town council have been TOLD to keep out of it, NCC are going to sort it.

Personally I can't see why the second-hand traders can't be relocated (there is obviously a call for their stuff) and a much more proactive stance taken with regard to getting 'quality' traders back in our main market.

The Town council have been TOLD to keep out of it, NCC are going to sort it.

Lets hope they have more success with the traders than they have had with Tesco's Midden in the Market Place. I've just paid a visit to Morrisons at the other end of the town and noticed they had members of staff picking litter from their car park, what a difference!! Oh! and by the way, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in NCC, looking at the other "clangers" they have dropped in the town, (Church School, Elliots Garage)

Edited by foxy

Please dont tell me they are going to demolish the school, i had a feeling they were just waiting for it to fall down itself, or some idiot burn it down, do they never learn. its part of the character of Bedlington.

Why am i not surprised, it makes me both sad and mad, I wonder if the people who make the decisions live in Bedlington.

You should have attended the planning enquiry held in the Community Centre.

It was like a comedy of errors and all on the side of the planning department!

The only good thing to come out was that Dystart didn't ask for costs or the public purse would have had to pay for their very expensive London lawyer and his entourage!

At the end of the day because of several mistakes and errors by the planning department the judge had no other recourse than to award Dystart full planning for their original application, or the one which they put it as an opening salvo and one they would have negotiated on!

I was under the impression that the existing building was remaining in the planning application but alas, Malcolm's comment explains all.

Reminds me of a popular street artists depiction of our leaders:

monkey_parliament.jpg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now