Curiously Wicked

I know this doesn't concern Bedlington but I'm sure you'l'l forgive me.

I had to go to Morpeth today and popped into an upstairs tea room called Curiosly Wicked. It is in the Arcade and the staff are dressed up in Victorian garb. When I went to pay the bill the young lady in a white smock thanked me and curtseyed.

Aw, isn't that nice. I recommend it.

I had to go to Morpeth today and popped into an upstairs tea room called Curiosly Wicked. It is in the Arcade and the staff are dressed up in Victorian garb. When I went to pay the bill the young lady in a white smock thanked me and curtseyed.

Where did you get your time machine, Keith?

Your recommendation has been adhered to. I am now ready to greet you. My wife has bought me a white smock and my curtsying has come on a treat.

Would you like sponge cake sir?

I fancy myself as a Hudson, actually - NO NOT ROCK HUDSON!

I could quite easily fit in with the toffs upstairs and the chambermaids downstairs, though I'd probably turn into lady Chatterley's lover. Now where's the Gentleman's relish.

PS - I said it was Victorian - it is Edwardian, my time machine lost a decade or two when the clocks went forward.

post-2953-0-88822000-1373366188_thumb.jppost-2953-0-96010200-1373366197_thumb.jppost-2953-0-77662600-1373366204_thumb.jppost-2953-0-18741900-1373366210_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

thats pretty cool in my books..i would love that craic with a cup of tea and a cream bun..chillin out on the chesterfield with a fancy cup and an eric bristow finger..just wondering do they accept dreadlocks or will it be in wonkys case...sorry we`re full or regulars only..will check it out on my next visit and if i get in i will give it some major slurping and we can see how long it takes before they ask me to leave..lol

best tea room moment in history..whitnail and i in penrith.. from the cult movie..witnail and i..lol

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now