L.r.t.?

Joe Rooney

A few years back I was reading on this site about plans to create a Light Rapid Transit sytem, circling down the Tyne from Newcastle Through North Shields, Bedlington and Ashington and back to Newcastle. It would presumably use existing rail lines, and provide a faster way for people to get to work, Etc.

That was before the site went into limbo for a couple oy years, so I never heard whether it ever actually happened.

Did it? or was it just another useful scheme that evaporated like too many others before it.

Joe

A few years back I was reading on this site about plans to create a Light Rapid Transit sytem, circling down the Tyne from Newcastle Through North Shields, Bedlington and Ashington and back to Newcastle. It would presumably use existing rail lines, and provide a faster way for people to get to work, Etc.

That was before the site went into limbo for a couple oy years, so I never heard whether it ever actually happened.

Did it? or was it just another useful scheme that evaporated like too many others before it.

Joe

Joe,

I presume you are talking about the Metro extension which had been promised years ago. In the end it couldn't be financed but it is now back on the cards. One good point is that the original scheme would not have stopped at Bedlington Station only Ashington, it has to go through the Station on it's way??????????, but now a stop in Bedlington Station is included in the proposal. Somebody must have listened!

Joe,

I presume you are talking about the Metro extension which had been promised years ago. In the end it couldn't be financed but it is now back on the cards. One good point is that the original scheme would not have stopped at Bedlington Station only Ashington, it has to go through the Station on it's way??????????, but now a stop in Bedlington Station is included in the proposal. Somebody must have listened!

i hear a 'park and ride' is proposed at 'the swan' between bedlington and choppington too. anyone heared anything?

Joe,

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i hear a 'park and ride' is proposed at 'the swan' between bedlington and choppington too. anyone heared anything?

Mr Darn,

I was told, years ago now, the that line was just an old freight line going down to the power station?

Mr Darn,

I was told, years ago now, the that line was just an old freight line going down to the power station?

Mr Darn,

Mr Darn,

you were told this twice???

(arf arf!)

Theres a park and ride in operation in Leicester, it's great for getting you into Town because there is a bus lane all of the way in. There are no bus stops apart from the terminus, problem is, comming out of town there are no bus lanes so the journy can take ages, not very well planed.

If you manage to get a park and ride I hope they plan it right.

• 2 weeks later...